PDA

View Full Version : ARMS 71L Sights

Czarny_Orzel
09-17-12, 17:13
Gents, I searched diligently, and finally found a very short thread on these sights dating back about a year. Anyone with additional experience with the ARMS sights that they can share please? I'm looking at these for one of my DDv7's, and am torn between getting another set of MBUS and the Arms offering. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Stickman
09-17-12, 18:44
I've only played around with the ARMS 71 series for short periods of time, they are pretty cheap in cost, but seem pretty well built.

I use the Magpul MBUS on my duty weapon, as well as many others. I think most people know that I'm Magpuls photographer, so there is an obvious appeal to me that way, but it doesn't change that I've never broken any MBUS, and I've broken BUIS from other companies.

holeshot
09-17-12, 21:19
I've only played around with the ARMS 71 series for short periods of time, they are pretty cheap in cost, but seem pretty well built.

I use the Magpul MBUS on my duty weapon, as well as many others. I think most people know that I'm Magpuls photographer, so there is an obvious appeal to me that way, but it doesn't change that I've never broken any MBUS, and I've broken BUIS from other companies.

Interesting, I had an MBUS on one of my rifles but took it off due to durability concerns and now it sits in my spare parts bin. Would you mind telling me which BUIS you had fail and how?
If you don't want to post it here, you could p/m me

SpankMonkey
09-17-12, 22:39
I over tightened a rear Mbus. Not sure how I did it, I was being very careful. The nut turns freely now. I put a **** load of loctite on and around the nut and waited for it to dry before tightening the screw, it worked. Beyond that mine have been holding up OK.

I have been looking at the 71 set. I think I will buy them. They look a little tougher. I've read no bad reports yet.

Stickman
09-18-12, 07:56
Interesting, I had an MBUS on one of my rifles but took it off due to durability concerns and now it sits in my spare parts bin. Would you mind telling me which BUIS you had fail and how?
If you don't want to post it here, you could p/m me

I've broken two Troy BUIS. Troy sights are very well made, and are often considered a standard through out the community for BUIS. I believe my results are more along the lines with how nice I am to equipment, and possibly Murphy's law, than it is to anything else. I keep Troy BUIS on 6 or 7 of my URGs, possibly more.

sadmin
09-18-12, 08:30
One thing I have noticed about my 71's is the lock down is not as secure as MBUS. The front frequently pops up at random times. Just a sample of 1, but worth mentioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

Czarny_Orzel
09-18-12, 10:46
Many thanks for the respones. I may go ahead and try a set of these and see how they compare to my MBUS sights. There just seemed to be a dearth of information on the ARMS, so figured thst I'd ask here. This sight has been a great educational tool!

sw1911
09-18-12, 11:38
i've been debating the same between the magpul and A.R.M.S BUS. Let us know which one you decide on.

Czarny_Orzel
09-18-12, 12:19
Went ahead and have ordered the ARMS 71L set. Will see how well they stand up. I'll let the forum know my opinion, such as it is.

holeshot
09-18-12, 19:31
I've broken two Troy BUIS. Troy sights are very well made, and are often considered a standard through out the community for BUIS. I believe my results are more along the lines with how nice I am to equipment, and possibly Murphy's law, than it is to anything else. I keep Troy BUIS on 6 or 7 of my URGs, possibly more.

Thanks, and course almost anything can be broken especially when Mr Murphy is present.