PDA

View Full Version : Light The Night in Las Vegas!

Irish
09-17-12, 18:30
Dear M4C friends,

I am participating in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Light The Night Walk Las Vegas on Saturday, November 3rd, and I would like to ask for your support.

LLS is the single largest nonprofit contributor to blood cancer research – more than $750 million has been invested in life-saving science.

My own personal experience with the LLS stems from my Uncle, an Army veteran and one of the key individuals in the development of the SEAL SDV program, passing away from lymphoma a couple of years ago. He was a huge supporter and participant in the Washington D.C. Light The Night event and I've donated my money religiously to their cause in his name. Now I'm ready to take it a step further and have made a commitment to being actively involved in the organization and doing what I can to make a difference.

Critical treatment innovations have originated through blood cancer research – radiation, chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation, and new targeted therapies. Nearly 50% of all FDA approved cancer drugs in the past decade were for blood cancer. Many are now being tested for other cancers and other illnesses.

Last year over 40,000 patients received financial assistance from LLS totaling over $6 million. And LLS provides information and support to patients and their caregivers all free. And to help patients during this time of crisis, LLS’s financial aid and co-pay programs are critically important.

Light The Night is a special night, celebrating and commemorating lives touched by cancer.

Your help will make a difference! Please consider making a donation to LLS on my behalf. To join me in the Walk or to donate online, visit: http://pages.lightthenight.org/snv/LasVegas12/TeamReed.

No contribution is too small or too large. ;) Thank you for your support in the fight against blood cancer.

Thank you for your generosity,
IRISH and family.

Safetyhit
09-18-12, 22:17
After reading this through I now see that it was you who sent the mass email that some bitchy idiot named Novak publicly reamed you out for. What an unbelieveable whiney creep that fool is.

Anyhow, here's a bump for this noble thread. Great job trying to help out with such a worthy cause.

Irish
09-18-12, 22:42
After reading this through I now see that it was you who sent the mass email that some bitchy idiot named Novak publicly reamed you out for. What an unbelieveable whiney creep that fool is.

Anyhow, here's a bump for this noble thread. Great job trying to help out with such a worthy cause.

Thanks bro! I chose not to respond to his childish insults due to this being for charity. Little does he know how well versed this former Sailor is in the art of the 4 letter word. ;)

Smuckatelli
09-21-12, 08:39
Irish, Tomas has your back after his walk on 20th October ;)

Smuckatelli
09-21-12, 08:41
BTW, Tomas will be very happy to hear this when he gets home from school.

Irish
09-22-12, 13:19
Irish, Tomas has your back after his walk on 20th October ;)

Really appreciate it! I've been happy to donate Tomas' the past couple of years and my uncle's but after his passing I felt the need to carry the torch myself and am proud to be working for the same cause.

Everyone else, we could use all the help, support and donations you could muster! Feel free to forward our Team Page on to anyone you know. Thanks!!!

Irish
10-09-12, 20:36
Less than 4 weeks left!

Irish
10-22-12, 17:22
11 days out and we're at 91% of our goal of $2000. What can you do to help us with our $180 deficit! Any and all donations will help!

Thank you!

Smuckatelli
10-23-12, 09:41
I'll send some rounds on payday......Nov 1st. ;)

Irish
10-23-12, 12:22
I'll send some rounds on payday......Nov 1st. ;)

Thanks bro! We appreciate the support!

Irish
10-31-12, 11:31
We're at 99% for our goal of $2000 and have 2 days left to beat that number into dust! Please help in any small way you can!

Thank you!

Smuckatelli
11-01-12, 09:33
Shot...over.

Irish
11-01-12, 10:00
Shot...over.

Thank you for your donation and your help! Any contributions from here on out just help us generate more money to go towards cancer fighting research. We've hit our monetary "goal" but would love to crush it!

Irish
11-02-12, 11:20
The Light the Night walk is tomorrow so please make your final donations today! Thank you!