PDA

View Full Version : 1/3 Co-Witness Question

ArmaGlock
02-04-08, 07:11
Just curious. If you have an Aimpoint in a mount that puts your BUIS in the lower 1/3 (standard FSB) and you zero the irons and optic both at 50 yards, should or will the two line up? Will the dot sit on the tip of the front sight when you look through the iron sights? I'm not talking about zeroing one and bringing the other to it, I mean zero them both seperately at the same distance.

My thought is no since the optic is sitting higher it changes things I guess.

markm
02-04-08, 07:48
The dot will line up with the irons. The dot moves with the position of your head so to speak.

Knyghtmare
02-05-08, 16:05
Why would it line up with the irons if its at 1/3 Cowitness and its sighted in seperatly? That kinda makes no sense... :confused:

rob_s
02-05-08, 16:20
Buy an Aimpoint and try it.

I've never been able to explain this to people via written word, but every single time you hand someone a rifle with an Aimpoint on it the answer becomes clear in under 10 seconds.

demigod is right, the dot moves with your head. The dot is always on the POA.

Don Robison
02-05-08, 16:26
Why would it line up with the irons if its at 1/3 Cowitness and its sighted in seperatly? That kinda makes no sense... :confused:

Because they are both sighted in to the same point and the dot "appears" to move. In actuality it doesn't move you're just viewing it from a different angle.

Tom_Jones
02-05-08, 17:23
deleted

Knyghtmare
02-05-08, 17:56
Yeah I see what you guys mean. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I kind of misunderstood the original question. I though he was talking about the optic being used without the Irons (seperatly) and the red dot still lining up where the 1/3 cowitness would be. Hard to explain. My bad.