View Full Version : Taller Glock rear sight sometimes?

grantoga
09-18-12, 11:13
I have Defoor sights from Ameriglo on all my Glocks. They are perfect for me and I am very fast and accurate with them. I recently picked up a gen 2 g17 (manuf. '95) and as I always do, I installed a new set of Defoor sights. At 25 yards, its hitting 2-3" low. On all my other glocks (4) they have always hit to point of aim at 25. I contacted Ameriglo (always awesome CS) and they told me that on some rare occasions, a glock just shoots to a different POA and that I may need the taller rear sight.
Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that I just need more time behind the unfamiliar pistol?

oldtexan
09-18-12, 14:06
I have six Glocks, all 9mm: G19s, a G17 and G34s. I zero them with, and carry, 147 gr HST (P9HST2). At 25 yds, I've found that some of them are okay with the factory height sights, and others shoot several inches higher.

It seems completely reasonable to me that, because of manufacturing tolerances, some examples of a model of pistol might be expected to shoot to different points of impact.

markm
09-18-12, 14:09
Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that I just need more time behind the unfamiliar pistol?

This can happen. I'd slow down and really get some clean trigger breaks to make sure though.

okie john
09-18-12, 14:41
I have a Gen3 G17 that hits high. With factory sights, it hits 2.375" over POA at 10 yards, 6.25" over at 25 yards, and 12.5" over at 50. Basically, it's zeroed somewhere between 150 and 200 yards with factory sights.

I added a taller front sight and now it hits where it should.

Okie John