PDA

View Full Version : Use of Apex M&P trigger components

m4brian
09-18-12, 14:57
I assume that if I'm fine with smoothness of takeup, that ALL I need for better reset and lighter release is a hard sear - not the whole kit. My striker block feels very smooth in operation. Thanks.

Fire_Medic
09-18-12, 15:31
RAM- https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid44.html

ralph
09-18-12, 15:42
I assume that if I'm fine with smoothness of takeup, that ALL I need for better reset and lighter release is a hard sear - not the whole kit. My striker block feels very smooth in operation. Thanks.

The sear will give you a better release, but probably won't help with the reset..In the 9mm M&P I had, I installed a Apex DCAEK. Got a much better trigger, with little to no improvement in reset. Frankly, if you want a Glock like reset in a M&P,it's not going to happen.. I also tried a Apex RAM as well,I got some improvement, but,reset was not nearly as hard as a Glock.(I would'nt spend money on the RAM)After shooting it a while, I noticed I really did'nt need it anyway..I'd just install the parts and shoot it..

Randy Lee
09-18-12, 16:45
If you like where the trigger breaks, but just want a lighter pull, I would suggest trying our gunsmith fit sear. It duplicates the factory trigger break position, but the contacting face drops the pull weight to just around 4 lbs when using the factory striker block and springs.

Our hard sear moves the striker release point further to the rear. The benefit of this is that the over travel is reduced, and therefore the trigger return distance to reset is also shortened.

If you are running the trigger at speed, the RAM, or any reset sensation enhancing mod/part is really unnecessary because there is enough time during the recoil phase to let your finger (and trigger) move forward of the sear/trigger loop reset intersection before the slide returns to battery.

-Randy

m4brian
09-19-12, 08:36
Thanks all.

I don't need a Glock like reset - some make too much of it.

I don't mind more takeup, but as I have a thumb safety, I don't mind a lighter trigger, and shortened overtravel is always good. The better Glock triggers I have felt have longer takeup.

Again, it looks like all I need is the hard sear - correct?

ralph
09-19-12, 15:02
yes,that should do it.