PDA

View Full Version : Masada/ACR question

Tspeis
02-04-08, 15:14
Quick question. Did Magpul add a firing pin block to the bolt carrier group? It looks like there's a safety lever similar to the HK UMP's in the picture below. Look towards the rear of the carrier below the return spring.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/REMOV/SHOT2008/_Masada_03.jpg

The reason I ask is because I inquired about this a year ago when the Masada was first advertised. I know of several LE agencies and at least one Federal LE agency who now require firing pin safeties in any new long guns they purchase. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tspeis

boltcatch
02-05-08, 18:30
I thought I saw mention somewhere that a firing pin block was one of the changes.

Tspeis
02-05-08, 20:50
Found the answer to my question here:

Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC (BFI) announced today that it has signed an exclusive license deal with Magpul Industries Corp. for the production, future development, and sales of Magpul’s prototype MASADA weapon system.

The Bushmaster ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) will initially be offered in 5.56 NATO, available for law enforcement and civilian purchase second quarter 2008. This release will be followed by military ACR versions in the 3rd quarter of 2008.

Without government funding or outside influence of any kind, the Masada concept was developed from scratch in Boulder, Colorado by Magpul’s Design Group. The Masada concept was first shown publicly at the 2007 Shot Show and its success prompted Magpul to spend a year redesigning the system for production.

The result is the ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) which keeps the fundamentals of the Masada concept with added advanced features such as firing pin block and true ambidextrous charging handle.

Among the ACR’s key features are a gas piston operating system, tool-less quick change barrel, multi-adjustable folding stock with integrated storage, and backward compatibility with a number of AR15/M16 parts. Due to similar operating controls, user transition from the M16 series of weapons is easily facilitated with minimal re-training.

The Bushmaster ACR will initially be available in 3 SKUS: Standard Carbine with fixed stock, Entry Carbine with folding stock, and Special Purpose Rifle with Precision Rifle Stock. Live fire demonstration and test and evaluations beginning in the end of March to qualified law enforcement, federal government agencies.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Tspeis