PDA

View Full Version : political candidates should not desecrate the flag (IMO)

500grains
09-20-12, 11:15
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/assets/Obama%20flag.png

The ego and idolatry involved here are staggering. L'etat c'est moi comes to mind. There have been ample disturbing signs of a dear leader wannabe propaganda operation before, but actually defacing the symbol of the nation into the leader's cult is a new low.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/09/obama_store_sells_obamerican_flag.html#ixzz271kgM6yj

Littlelebowski
09-20-12, 11:22
Blog....

rushca01
09-20-12, 11:41
Blog....

Love it!

GeorgiaBoy
09-20-12, 11:43
Or just his own forum with his own rules..

Littlelebowski
09-20-12, 11:45
"Here is a copy and paste from a right wing website of something that makes me angry. Does it make you angry as well? Let's be angry together."

parishioner
09-20-12, 12:20
Probably only a few posts away from shaking fists and yelling at traffic.

500grains
09-20-12, 12:50
"Here is a copy and paste from a right wing website of something that makes me angry. Does it make you angry as well? Let's be angry together."

If you like what is being done with the flag above, feel free to say so directly.

Littlelebowski
09-20-12, 12:52
If you like what is being done with the flag above, feel free to say so directly.

Damnit, you found me out! I curse your logic!

SteyrAUG
09-20-12, 13:15

Well first it's not "the flag."

It's an artistic perspective based upon the flag motif.

If they had done that to an actual flag there would be reason to be upset.

But really this is just another stupid attempt to incorporate a respected symbol into an ideology or group that lacks that respect.

Reminds me of this stupid shit from the 70s.

http://www.crwflags.com/art/miscflags/ecology.gif

The only thing sillier is to get all butt hurt by it, present it as the equivalent of a flag burning so you can foam and froth on the internet and then try and rally the troops.

Has a "If you are a REAL American and agree, forward this to 10 people, if you are not a REAL American just delete it..." feel about it.

Honu
09-20-12, 13:30
I think its bad cause it is meant to represent ours ?

but I care more about what he is doing then some flag thing at this point !

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-12, 16:28
Great, now I can acquire one and burn it next time he is in town. After all that act is protected free speech you know. :dirol:

Zhurdan
09-20-12, 16:31
Great, now I can acquire one and burn it next time he is in town. After all that act is protected free speech you know. :dirol:

No no no... that's only for the American Flag... burning that thing would be recognized as a threat.

TriumphRat675
09-20-12, 16:45

This forum needs a "like" button.

Redmanfms
09-20-12, 17:26

False dichotomy......

What he is commenting on is your use of this forum as your personal outrage blog.

yellowfin
09-20-12, 18:13
I think the O-hole desecrates the flag every time he stands near one.

Belmont31R
09-20-12, 18:38
I don't see why people have to comment on a thread publicly if they don't like what the OP posted as in 'get a blog' or whatever else. Im not sure why people feel the need to dog pile on the OP. If you don't have anything to add to the topic then STFU or report the post if you feel so strongly about someone posting about the Obama campaign creating their own flag getting posted here. The only thing I'd say is we already have a presidential reelection thread, and the staff is trying to keep threads condensed down to certain topics.