PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System?

cody0341
02-04-08, 22:16
Has anyone put the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System on any of there rifles? I think it looks pretty cool but the real question is, how does it do? does it shake? Does it offer enough rails to put things on it?

Cold Zero
02-04-08, 22:43
I used to have the 50 S.C.. I think that the design is dated and many better products are now on the market. Think clunky, heavy and overpriced. There are also many screws that can come loose, too many. 3, 6 and 9 o'clock rail space was limited. Customer service was good.

Hawkeye
02-05-08, 05:29
They are nice. There are newer and lighter systems out, that are also excellent in their own right, but I dont think that makes the bi-level SIR any less of an option. FAL's are old and heavy, but still popular and quite functional. Its all about what you want. There are some small parts that one needs to be sure to keep track of and locktight them, but that should go without saying for any system. I was very happy with all the ones I had, my favorite being my 58 MOD.

mark5pt56
02-05-08, 09:38
I know one thing, if you run a vertical grip and run it hard, the bottom rail on a SIR will peel off. I've seen it more than once to where the rail will pull away from the main body and bend/break.

I don't know about the newer ones though.

Hawkeye
02-05-08, 09:40
Mark does have a point there, that I forgot about. I dont run vertical foregrip, so its never been an issue for me and one I tend to forget.

Dave L.
02-05-08, 10:21
I owned one briefly, and was forced to use one on a "work gun". Non-Technical response: It's a piece of shit. The bottom 1/2 is plastic and too many screws come loose.
Use the money to by a DD,LaRue,Troy...your money will be better spent on any of those.

P.S. if you buy one; they sell very fast on Ebay and you only lose about $40 on it.

Hawkeye
02-05-08, 10:29
The bottom 1/2 is plastic and too many screws come loose.

I see people say that, yet out of the 3 I had, I never had any screws come loose. The polymer lower is one of the things I liked about it. Again, thats not running a VFG though.

RAM Engineer
02-05-08, 11:40
Apparently the Barrett guys like them. I AM kind of interested in those new "Spartan" rails by them. Very Troy-ish, though...

Hmmm..."Sparta"..."Troy"...

IrishDevil
02-05-08, 12:32
I know one thing, if you run a vertical grip and run it hard, the bottom rail on a SIR will peel off. I've seen it more than once to where the rail will pull away from the main body and bend/break.

I don't know about the newer ones though.

I've seen this happen, a guy's rail started to come apart while firing full auto. Honestly I like the look, but they kinda suck, and are too expensive for what they are.

Robb Jensen
02-05-08, 12:37
Has anyone put the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System on any of there rifles? I think it looks pretty cool but the real question is, how does it do? does it shake? Does it offer enough rails to put things on it?

In my opinion ARMS isn't all that good with anything that they make.
What I did see at SHOT at the VLTOR booth was a bi-level CASV rail which was very nice if you're looking for something like that. I don't know when it'll be available, just give them a call later this week when they're back from SHOT.

RD62
02-05-08, 15:24
Cody,

PM inbound.

-RD62

Mike91A
02-05-08, 18:30
Have two of the older M45 . I have Surefire M900s on them with ARMS double lever mounts. No issues yet .

SinnFéinM1911
02-05-08, 19:03
to complicated. to many better options out there, even not running a rail at all!

Voodoochild
02-05-08, 20:24
Had one and sold it wasn't really impressed with it at all. But hey I am not a professional just an average Joe.

Prisonmike
06-29-09, 02:09
I have a bi level SIR on my m4, I've put it through some trigger time. It hasn't let me down yet. I was able to get co witness on my eotech 552 and aimpoint ml2 with the standard front sight post and #40 LP BUIS.I'm about to use it as my primary weapon in Afghan for my AGNA contract there, we'll see how that goes, the only future problem is that the bottom half is plastic and could face some durability issues in the future. As far as the price,yeah it's high but most people that want it don't worry about the price. Working a 109k a year job makes it easy.

Sttrongbow
06-29-09, 10:53
I had one.... bulky and heavy, but it DID work.

I traded mine for a Daniel defense Omega 7.0 and haven't regretted it in the least.

m4fun
06-29-09, 22:36
I have one on an older M4 upper. No complaints. Like the way the rear BUIS would cowitness with the aimpoints.

That lower saw a lot of full auto/suppressed. Since then have gone the way of the piston on a LWRC.

Ridge_Runner_5
06-30-09, 02:16
The modern alternative is the VLTOR CASV-EL ;)

Prisonmike
06-30-09, 03:11
The Bushmaster custom shop uses the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System as its primary rail. If mine ever fails, you all will be the first to know.

Failure2Stop
06-30-09, 05:31
The Bushmaster custom shop uses the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System as its primary rail. If mine ever fails, you all will be the first to know.

What Bushmaster does is irrelevant. They are certainly not known for their superior choice of craftsmanship or materials in anything they do.

Anyway, as far as the SIR goes, it's not that the thing is defiantely going to fall off in the middle of an ambush, but rather that technology has advanced a bit since 1996 and there are better, lighter, stronger, smaller options out on the market.

EzGoingKev
06-30-09, 09:32
In my opinion ARMS isn't all that good with anything that they make.

I have an ARMS rear sight and I think it is well made.

.45fmjoe
07-06-09, 00:57
I have an ARMS rear sight and I think it is well made.

Until the day you go to pull the rifle out of the safe and find the ARMS sight on the floor of the safe in a few pieces because it fell apart.

Anyone else remember that thread a couple years ago on arf?

scottryan
07-06-09, 13:44
Rails are outdated and clunky.

I don't like their throw levers either.