PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6933 Build

bubba04
09-23-12, 09:55
I sold my other Ar's to fund this project and I am hoping to be picking her up soon and want to finalize what I will be changing.

Colt 6933 with 11.5" barrel
Ops Inc 14th or Ops Inc M4M suppressor - will send upper to Adco to get fitted for suppressor.
Shave front sight post
Either Rainier or Sampson Evolution 11" rail - choose this rail to swollow 1.5" od supperssor. Do you see issues here or know of a better rail option.
Daniel Defense fixed front sight mounted at end of 11" rail
Gear selector 6p flash light mount, mounted right behind front sight (flashlight on right of rifle at 1 oclock)
surefire 6p LED
Vcas sling
Leaning towards DD fixed rear sight
aim point micro on DD riser
MOE grip
colt CAR stock

My plan is to run this rifle suppressed 100% of the time. It will be used to take classes and in a home defense style role.

Do yall see any issues with this build?

One thing I am trying to decide is the best way to mount sling on rifle.

SpankMonkey
09-23-12, 19:58
Sounds like a good rifle. Only thing I would look at would be using a H2 buffer or the Vltor A5 system.

RyanB
09-23-12, 20:42
There will be a LOT of heat coming off of that can.

Get the M4M. I like the S but most people want it to be quieter.

You'll want a 3 buffer probably, though it might be light.

bubba04
09-23-12, 22:29
Sounds like a good rifle. Only thing I would look at would be using a H2 buffer or the Vltor A5 system.

Thanks I forgot to mention I have at the house a h2 and h3 that I plan to try.

bubba04
09-23-12, 22:36
double tap

bubba04
09-29-12, 23:31
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/bagged_xb/IMAG0424.jpg

This is what I had in mind an 11" rail swallowing the suppressor. However the .06 inches do not leave a lot of clearance between the suppressor and the ID of the rail. So I am looking for a larger ID handgaurd than 1.56" or running same rail but at 9".

Iraqgunz
09-30-12, 01:19
I highly recommend the Vltor A5 with the H4 buffer. I can almost guarantee that it will run 100% with it. If you stick with a carbine tube, get a blue Springco spring and an H3.

Magic_Salad0892
09-30-12, 05:40
I highly recommend the Vltor A5 with the H4 buffer. I can almost guarantee that it will run 100% with it. If you stick with a carbine tube, get a blue Springco spring and an H3.

**** to the yes.

LMT Enhanced carrier would help as well. But your gun should cycle with the standard one.

bubba04
09-30-12, 17:38

Thanks for the advice, I will do one of those, just need to figure it out. I am going to pm a question. Thanks.

bubba04
02-23-13, 14:00
This is where I stand right now. Just got the upper back from ADCO (8 days door to door) who installed the ops inc break. Just ordered a T1 on a DD mount and BCM mod4 charging handle from grant. I am going to keep the standard m4 forend.

Currently running standard carbine buffer spring with H3 buffer. I am trying to source the A5, but not in a super hurry because I am 6 months out until my m4m is approved.

I don't have too many rounds through it yet, though it has been reliable to date. I look forward to getting a class in with it later this year and perhaps a 3 gun shoot.

I appreciate yall's advice to date.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l357/jbg04/m4_zpsa11a9cc3.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
02-23-13, 23:17
It looks great.

Have you considered ambi controls?

bubba04
02-24-13, 00:21
It looks great.

Have you considered ambi controls?

I have a surefire 6p, that I have not put back on that was on the right sight of the MI FSP mount, however I may put a my X300 on it instead. Also Have a VCAS which was mounted on the sling mount under the FSP, but I am looking at this right now to mount.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/tm-qd-rotation-limited-sling-mount-n-slot/

I had a Car N1 Stock but I like the way the gun balances with the Imod. When I had the CAR stock on I had the sling slug on it as well as the sling mount under the FSP. If I get an A5 I think ill install a sling mount on the buffer tube.

As far as ambi controls, I believe I will end up getting an ambi safety, not sure who's yet. I am not sure about anything after that though.