PDA

View Full Version : Aim Surplus Complete Uppers

jbecker
09-23-12, 10:59
Tried the search button with no luck. Has anyone tried the Aim Surplus complete uppers? They look like a good deal but they don't say who makes the upper receiver.

Thanks in advance.

m1a_scoutguy
09-23-12, 11:14
Tried the search button with no luck. Has anyone tried the Aim Surplus complete uppers? They look like a good deal but they don't say who makes the upper receiver.

Thanks in advance.

Check it out a little further,,looks like most of the BBLs are DD,,all CHF,,some of the others are Spikes,,,all good stuff !! If your concerned about just the Upper Receiver,,,I'm sure its a quality one,,,there really isn't to many bad ones out there,,plus AIM wouldn't put a quality BBL on a shit receiver !! Thats my 2 cents !! :D

Roklok
09-23-12, 11:48
I know this is not answering your question, but I never want to have to wonder if. I just buy from BCM, even thought it may cost a little more.
Call me a fan boy, but that's just me.

Iraqgunz
09-23-12, 13:44
Here's what I recommend. Instead of asking us- contact AIM Surplus and ask them the following;

The barrel is made by DD. Who makes the BCG and the upper receiver?

The price seems good but honestly when I gamble it's in Vegas and not on weapons and accessories.

HKBanger
09-23-12, 14:12
The fact that they are only advertising the use of DD barrels but not the manufacturer of the BCG, etc seems like a red flag to me. I'm sure they are of decent quality, overall, but for that price I'd just go the easy route (aka BCM).

sadmin
09-23-12, 14:26
They are unmarked Spikes BCGs and Uppers I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

noctis
09-23-12, 14:56

This is my belief as well. Flawless function so far.
I don't care who's behind the wrench as long as its done properly. Also I haven't lost any sleep over it. YMMV.

jbecker
09-23-12, 21:52
Thanks for the replys. I plan on asking AIM but since it's Sunday I'd thought I might get a quicker response from the members here.

doubleshot00
09-24-12, 07:37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

Yes they are. I contacted them a few months ago before i bought my DD omega x upper from them. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMCHFDDOX&name=AIM+16%22+CHF+OmegaX+12.0+.223%2f5.56+Upper+Receiver&groupid=586

It has been a great upper so far but mine came with a different FH.

Insider
09-24-12, 08:44
I have been dealing with AIM for many years, they are a good company who sells quality parts and equipment. You can't go wrong with AIM. Buy with confidence!

jbecker
09-24-12, 11:24
Spoke with AIM this AM. They confirmed they are Spike's uppers and BCG. Order placed. Thanks to all who responded.

markm
09-24-12, 12:24
They look like a good deal but they don't say who makes the upper receiver.

When something like that is not included in the description... I call it a clue.

If spikes was a positive selling point, I figger they'd have advertised that point.

fallenromeo
09-24-12, 14:24
Spoke with AIM this AM. They confirmed they are Spike's uppers and BCG. Order placed. Thanks to all who responded.

Not a bad choice. I personally would go BCM over Spikes, but for the money, the spikes uppers and BCG are not bad. I had one on my last AR and I never had any problems with it for about 5K rounds. I still prefer my BCM now though.

pcauwels
09-24-12, 14:45
Not a bad choice. I personally would go BCM over Spikes, but for the money, the spikes uppers and BCG are not bad. I had one on my last AR and I never had any problems with it for about 5K rounds. I still prefer my BCM now though.

Does anyone have the direct link to the upper? Everything i've seen on their site is showing sold out.

jbecker
09-24-12, 18:26
www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMDD16ALPHA13&name=AIM+16%22+CHF+.223%2f5.56+Alpha+13+Upper+Receiver&groupid=368

This is what I ordered. They also have one with the Troy Bravo rail in stock.

wetidlerjr
09-24-12, 18:30
Does anyone have the direct link to the upper? Everything i've seen on their site is showing sold out.

Link to AIM complete uppers page: AIM COMPLETE UPPERS (http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=368)