PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new member...but not new to guns.

saw4364
09-24-12, 10:54
Hello everyone. My name is Stephanie. I've been shooting guns for the last 14 years now(I started off later in life, after I met my husband), and my husband and I own a few guns. I posted a pic of our little stash. :)

The top is a side by side shotgun. Not sure exactly what brand it is, all I can find on it is that it was sold through Sears/Roebuck. I know it's old and it fires like a dream!!!

The next in line is a single shot .22. I've been told it's a Stevens favorite rifle. It fires, but it's missing a piece that ejects the cartridge. You have to play with it a little to get the spent shell out.

Next is a .32 revolver. I've been trying to get info on it.....all I know is it's made in Spain and it has a trade mark on the metal of the gun and trade marks on the grips. The initials in the circle are E and A or A and E. Anyone know anything about this gun?? I read some of the Spain S&W reproductions are made of bad metal and shouldn't be shot. I've shot this revolver, but only a few rounds since that's all I had. It shot okay, but I don't want to touch it again til I know if it's good.

Last is my baby. It's a S&W 422 .22LR. It's the long barrel version and this is the best gun I've owned. She shoots accurate and as long as I use federal hollow points, she doesn't jam but once in a blue moon. :) The first gun I shot 14 years ago was this same gun, but with the wood grips instead of the black synthetic. And even though it's a .22, people still respect it since it doesn't look like a normal .22. It's so easy to shoot and reload also....my 12 year old daughter started learning to shoot on that gun at the age of 7. She can handle this gun with the confidence of a pro. My son, who's 7 now, is also learning on this gun.

We also own a Mossburg 500A mariner shotgun, but it's in Alaska with my in-laws. That gun will mow down trees. ;)

My next handgun purchase will be a Kimber TLE/RL 2 .45 ACP. I've wanted a 1911 style gun for a while and after a lot of research, the Kimber seems to be the gun for me. I plan on buying a laser dot/flashlight sight for it also. If anyone has this particular gun, please let me know what you think of it....especially left handed shooters, as I'm a lefty myself. ;)

So that's all. I might later start a thread in the revolver section of this forum to find out what the heck that .32 is.
I had a Lorcin .380 that was given to us, but I won't fire it after I read a post on this site that showed the slide broke off the same gun. My husband took the gun apart after that to clean it, and we discovered a major piece made of aluminum with warping on it. It's the only thing holding the slide to the gun and it's almost broke!!! Anyone out there with a Lorcin .380 should just melt it down......it's junk and dangerous!!! I'll never fire that gun again.

So anyway, nice to meet all of you and have a great day!

nineteenkilo
09-26-12, 10:53
Welcome and enjoy! There is a ton of information available here and a lot of people are more than willing to share.