PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem

Dirk Williams
09-24-12, 17:27
I just set a BMC 16 inch stainless barrel to a Noveske gen II lower. Torqued loosened, and re torqued again.

Have a brand new LMT enhanced BCG and bolt. Lubed it well and after setting the charging handle I can not get the BCG to set up in the chamber.

Pulled the enhanced BCG out and replaced it with a spare LMT F/A BCG. And it works fine.

I've neve experienced this before. What am I doing wrong.

Dirk

MistWolf
09-24-12, 17:50
You mean you're having a problem getting the bolt to lock up correctly in the barrel extension.

Make sure you did not install the bolt in the carrier upside down, make sure the gas key aligns with the gas tube.

Another possibility is the enhanced bold is not compatible with the barrel extension

Dirk Williams
09-24-12, 18:07
It won't lock up at all. It fails to allow the upper to be pinned. Everything seems GTG. Weird. I've tried the LMT BCG in two other guns and it works fine.

Could this be a BCM barrel/ Noveske gen II compatability issue.

Thank you for helping.

Dirk

Eric D.
09-24-12, 19:47
I'm guessing you meant upper?

I just set a BMC 16 inch stainless barrel to a Noveske gen II lower. Torqued loosened, and re torqued again.

So because the Enhanced BCG will not go all the way forward, it sticks out of the rear of the upper and that is what is preventing you from getting the upper and lower together, correct?

Try taking down the Enhanced BCG and sliding only the Enhanced Carrier into the upper. See if it will go all the way forward and if it is binding on the gas tube or anywhere else. If the Enhanced Carrier slides in right, put a regular bolt in it and see how that works. If it does, look for any obvious differences between the Enhanced and regular bolts. I would ask LMT if there are any compatibility issues with the Enhanced bolt, I didn't think there were.

Dirk Williams
09-24-12, 20:25
Thank you Eric, I'll give it a try.

DW