PDA

View Full Version : Getting some ar furniture dipped and some new gear (A-TACS or Multicam)

mikeith
09-24-12, 22:00
Planning on gettin my ladder rails, grip, vert grip, stock, and some mags hydro dipped on my MK18 mod1 and can't decide between Multicam and A-TACS AU

Going to get it done through wwgunsinc.com and also going to get a new second line belt and hsgi tacos

So what do you think would look better since I can't decide.

Psybain
09-24-12, 22:40
atacs au or fg?

mikeith
09-24-12, 22:45
Au sorry

mikeith
09-26-12, 08:09
Dang! Tied 7-7 so far

whick1
09-27-12, 07:21
I think it depends on what your AO is. I would probably get a swath of each material and go out and see which one you like best in the surroundings you are going to be around the most. If you are just getting it for the cool factor and not for function I would get which one i liked the best.
I love the ATACS pattern it just looks cool but is not practible in my AO eventhough I am issued ATACS au by the Sheriffs dept. I work for.

mikeith
09-27-12, 07:27
I'm in west Texas so AU will definitely blend better around here

midSCarolina
09-27-12, 08:22
I like the A-TACs better for paint jobs and the multi-cam better on nylon gear.

freebug
11-17-12, 16:35
Who are you going to use for the dipping process? I have a completely broken down AR ready to go. Just looking for a good provider.

Basic AR pieces: upper, lower, stock, grip, rail, gas block

El Cid
11-17-12, 17:43
Check my thread in the custom build section for some lessons learned. Don't dip the mags above where they enter the lower - especially on Pmags. Also, don't waste your time dipping ladder rail covers. Not only will the pattern hardly show, the first time you flex them during installation or removal the dip will come off.

I also recommend sharkbite custom for the work.

As for color - sorry, you're just going to have to decide for yourself. I can't comment on what you'd need in your AO. Good luck.

theblackknight
11-17-12, 17:51
Dude, if you ATACS your stuff, you will lose it

strambo
11-18-12, 17:38
ATACS...Multicam was sooo 2006. Even the Army issues it now for A-stan, so it can't be cool anymore. :cool:

Donut
11-18-12, 18:17
I think that Multicam looks cooler, but A-TACS looks like a much more effective pattern.

So, if for cool-factor - Multicam. If for actual concealment - A-TACS.