PDA

View Full Version : Rem1100 Shotgun Mag Extension Question

preacherJohn
09-25-12, 09:31
I have a 12ga Remington 1100 (2 3/4) that I inherited from my father (God rest his soul). Since I already own another Rem1100, I decided to set dad's up as a more tactical shotgun. My experience with shotguns from childhood to now is mostly all hunting small game. His is an older model (I believe he bought it around '68-'69). He split the end of the barrel once somehow & had a gunsmith attach a deluxe model Poly-choke that adjust from slug-ext full. The total length of the barrel now from the receiver to the tip of the PC is 27 5/16". I've notice mag extensions from different retailers, manufacturers, and they range in prices from the $40s to over $100 bucks. I'd like to get the model that holds the most shells (10shot), but none of the descriptions have any measurements as to how long the ext is, and I'd like to keep it shorter then the length of the barrel. Would the poly-choke intefere with the mag ext? I've been looking at these sites: Midway, Cheaper then Dirt, Natchez. What would you recommend?

Canonshooter
09-25-12, 17:52
Info on magazine extension lengths here;

http://www.riflestock.com/choate_FAQ.html#Anchor-49575

preacherJohn
09-25-12, 18:45
That's just what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch! Still not sure about the Poly choke. I'll give them a call & see what they say.