PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P Armorer and Maintenance Packages

C4IGrant
09-25-12, 13:18
Like all pistols, the S&W M&P needs maintenance done to it. Parts also break, become bent, etc. So we decided to put together two packages.

The first package is a Maintenance one. Per S&W, the guide rod assembly, trigger return spring and mag springs should be replaced every 5,000rds or 5yrs. Since the pistols typically come with two mags, we included two mag springs. Additional mag springs are available.

Cost: $12
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/MP_Maint_Package.jpg

The second package is an Armorers one. The two main components that can break on the gun is the striker and slide stop assembly. Another part that is either lost or bent is the take down lever retaining wire. Last part is the trigger bar assembly. M&P armorers typically see this part either bent/ruined from "home gunsmithing" so it is a good idea to have a spare one.

Cost: $58

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/MP_Armorer_Package.jpg

C4

S. Galbraith
09-25-12, 13:20
Nice!

C4IGrant
09-25-12, 16:50
Nice!

Thanks.

C4

Whiskey_Bravo
09-25-12, 18:33
Very nice. Nice and easy to order some spare parts.

KentuckyWindage
09-25-12, 18:33
Thank you Grant!

ralph
09-25-12, 18:48
Grant'
Are you going to offer something like this for those of us who own .45's (like compacts, Mid's) ??

RockBottom
09-25-12, 22:12
So, for the armorer's package, is that type of replacement work typically done by gunsmith's, or can anyone (even a newbie first time gun owner like me) replace/install those things?

HuttoAg96
09-25-12, 23:54
RockBottom, I'd say it depends on how handy you are. The striker assembly and recoil spring are STUPID easy to replace. The trigger return spring or slide stop assembly can be a bear when you are trying to get the earth, sun, and moon (technically referred to as the locking block, slide stop assembly, and trigger return spring) to align correctly so you can get the $&@! "trigger headed pin" back in the goes through them all. For assembly/disassembly of the weapon itself to do these, watch Apex Tactical's youtubes for the DCAEK installation. Their little slave pin they provide goes a long way, but you can make your own by cutting up an allen wrench or something similar in a pinch.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=859/schematicsdetail/MP-Semi-Auto-

C4IGrant
09-26-12, 10:25
Grant'
Are you going to offer something like this for those of us who own .45's (like compacts, Mid's) ??

Yes we will. Am collecting the parts now.

C4

C4IGrant
09-26-12, 10:26
So, for the armorer's package, is that type of replacement work typically done by gunsmith's, or can anyone (even a newbie first time gun owner like me) replace/install those things?

Yes, I think most people can install those parts. Apex Tactical (for instance) has some great vids available on Youtube.

C4

WillBrink
09-26-12, 10:40
Like all pistols, the S&W M&P needs maintenance done to it. Parts also break, become bent, etc. So we decided to put together two packages.

C4

Good idea, great prices. Thanx. Will take advantage of this asap.

C4IGrant
10-02-12, 16:39
Good idea, great prices. Thanx. Will take advantage of this asap.

Thanks much.

C4

cdunn
10-06-12, 15:43
yeah, I will be ordering this today, thanks for making it easy.

KentuckyWindage
12-29-12, 19:55
Grant, please Keep us 45 guys informed when the parts are available!!

12-29-12, 20:08
These are a great idea. Do you have/ plan to put together something similar for Glocks?

Several other places have 'Glock parts kits', but the assortment of parts they put together is usually bizarre. Ex: No trigger return spring or slide lock spring, but you get a freaking locking block and a striker.

I know I can just piecemeal stuff together from glockmeister or glockparts, but that's usually a pain, and 1/4 of what you want is usually out of stock. I guess I'm just lazy, and want to perform 1 *click*, and have a bag full of recoil, trigger, mag, slide lock, and firing pin safety springs show up at my door.

newyork
01-02-13, 12:08
Just noticed this thread and just bought a 45 mid from you. Will pick one of each of them when funds allow.

jaxman7
01-02-13, 17:42
Was just contemplating this for my M&P and see this Grant. Thanks man very much.

-Jax

alvincullumyork
01-02-13, 19:31
Do most people shoot until they notice symptoms of weak springs or every set number of rounds/time?

Hot Sauce
01-02-13, 22:01
Thanks Grant, much more convenient to buy the whole package rather than everything separately. :cool:

DHart
01-03-13, 01:30
Good offering. Please inform on the .45 kit availability.