PDA

View Full Version : ares gear cobra belt

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-26-12, 17:34
Have any of you guys used these

M4Guru
09-26-12, 17:37
I've used Ares belts exclusively for a couple of years and have a number of them. Can't say enough good stuff about Jake or his products.

G-lock
09-26-12, 17:45
Jakes stuff rocks and he makes what is probably the belt in the biz. On top of that Jake is a stand up guy! You will not be disappointed..

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-26-12, 18:16
How durable are they any problems with freying

obucina
09-26-12, 18:21
How durable are they any problems with freying

ive worn my everyday since feb 2011 and dont have any problems at all with any of it.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-26-12, 18:41
Sweet I'm definitely looking into getting one

PRGGodfather
09-26-12, 21:43
Great belt, great company, great people.

Freelance
09-27-12, 03:00
I just used during a 2 day pistol class, was in the dirt, went prone, pulled lots of gear on and off it, no fraying and wears well and washed off well when dirty. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Top quality piece of kit. Replaced my riggers belt and never looked back :)

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-27-12, 06:18
Well guys thanks for the convincing lol

Dave L.
09-27-12, 06:19
I have used an Ares Gear Ranger Belt (1.5") for over a year and it's been the best pistol belt I have ever used all things considered.
They are worth the wait.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-27-12, 06:29
Does anyone know the wait time?

d90king
09-27-12, 07:21
I've used Ares belts exclusively for a couple of years and have a number of them. Can't say enough good stuff about Jake or his products.

This pretty much covers it. Most durable belt that you will ever own.

Adam_s
09-27-12, 08:10
I own several of Jake's belts, and have continually been impressed with them. They will very likely outlive you. That, and if you manage to kill one (tow a bus with it or something...maybe?) he will make it right.

Lead times currently are quoted at 4 weeks on his site, but are likely running faster than that (folks on his Facebook page are mentioning ~2 weeks order to shipment times) That being said, he has several stocking dealers who you can get a belt from RIGHT NOW. LaRue Tactical, Weapon Outfitters, Grey Group, and others.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-27-12, 09:55
Thanks for the info Adam, looking into it as we speak.

G-lock
09-27-12, 10:30
Larue stocks them.. no waiting if they have your size.

sikwidit
09-27-12, 21:32
I got an all black one from larue with no wait time. My friend got an green and black one from ares. His wait time was exactly 4 weeks before it shipped.

duece71
09-27-12, 22:23
I got a Ranger belt from Larue. Absolutely solid belt. No wait whatsoever.

jamaicanj
09-28-12, 04:53
I have an all black ares ranger belt that I ordered directly from the company. It was worth the wait and the price. This belt is rock solid and a keeper.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
09-28-12, 06:17
Thanks for all the info guys I have one more question how do they run like size do they run big or small if I wear a size 36 what size would I order

Toyoland66
09-28-12, 10:55
You need to take a tape measure through your belt loops and measure the distance. Belts are sized differently than pants, it's typically about 2" difference.

Esquire
10-01-12, 15:40
Who all is running these as a dedicated belt for ccw/daily use? I am debating one but am worried about how thick the belt will make my edc items and how far the cobra buckle will protrude. Anyone have any excessive issues with printing using this belt?

wastingjake
10-01-12, 15:51
I use it daily for everyday wear and everyday cc. I carry IWB and while the buckle somewhat prints in my shirt it's not enough that anyone will really be staring at it and it depends on my shirt. I love Ares gear Ranger belts and will be buying another in a different color in the near future.

d90king
10-01-12, 19:00
Who all is running these as a dedicated belt for ccw/daily use? I am debating one but am worried about how thick the belt will make my edc items and how far the cobra buckle will protrude. Anyone have any excessive issues with printing using this belt?

I have worn one everyday for a couple years and the belt buckle is a non issue for concealed carry in my experience.

bullitt5172
10-01-12, 20:37
Jake and his belts are top notch. I have a couple, only belts I wear anymore..

JBecker 72
10-02-12, 12:50
I just ordered a Ranger belt from Larue thinking it was in stock, but today I got an email saying backordered. Bummer, I was hoping to get it by the weekend.

M4Guru
10-02-12, 12:51
Grey Group stocks them as well, give them a look.

JBecker 72
10-02-12, 12:53
Grey Group stocks them as well, give them a look.

Thanks, I will give them a look and see if Larue will refund my order without a restocking fee.

ETA: out of stock there too.

masakari
10-05-12, 00:37
I got mine from LaRue, and was very impressed. I have worn it every day since, and i cant see myself ever going back to leather unless im wearing a suit.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 09:03
Go to originalsoegear.com just ordered one from there. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Adam_s
10-05-12, 09:15
Go to originalsoegear.com just ordered one from there. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!

That is NOT a Ranger belt. That is a blatant clone made by someone hoping to cash in on Ares' design and work. I urge you to support originality and hard work, and order an Ares belt. Don't contribute to the theft of ideas.

That being said-if you want a belt now, check out Weaponoutfitters.com. They have a variety in stock, and ready to ship now.

Trajan
10-05-12, 09:25
I've been using Ranger Belts for the past almost two years. Absolutely love them. Jake is a hell of a guy too.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 09:57
Just because the belt material itself isn't the same the cobra buckle is. The cobra buckle is a patented item so its the same!!

Watrdawg
10-05-12, 10:06
I have 2 Ranger Belts and love them!! I have a 32" waist and wear a medium Ranger Belt. When I got my first one and donned it with my holster and mag pouch the tag end of the belt flopped around. It wasn't long enough to tuck into my holster loop. I asked Jake if he had a piece of the elastic loop he used on the buckle side so I could use it to tuck the tag end into and he sent me a piece of it. This only happens when I'm wearing my holster and mag pouch. I needed the elastic loop with my 2nd belt also. Jake sent me one out right away. I just checked out his site and he now sells the loops. I think that because I am on the shorter end of a size is why the tag end of my belts flops around. You may want to check out the elastic loop and get them if you are too.

scoutfsu99
10-05-12, 11:26
Just because the belt material itself isn't the same the cobra buckle is. The cobra buckle is a patented item so its the same!!

**** John Willis and his thieving ass company.

Ares is a fantastic company with a great owner. You'll find his gear is very well built and he's a fellow shooter too.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 11:33
You sir are very ignorant lol

Adam_s
10-05-12, 11:38
**** John Willis and his thieving ass company.

Ares is a fantastic company with a great owner. You'll find his gear is very well built and he's a fellow shooter too.

Scoutfsu99-I applaud your eloquence, and am intrigued by your ideas. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Ruedger-What you said would be akin to me saying that a Beltman Leather belt is the same as one you picked up at Wal-Mart. Both are leather, but there is no comparison between the two. Just because the designs are similar, and they use the same buckle, they are not the same.

I could go into more detail, but won't. My money will continue to go to proven innovators and originators. Should you care to support a copycat, that is your choice.

scoutfsu99
10-05-12, 11:39
Yes, that's it.

I am not, however, ignorant of Willis admittedly taking people's money and not sending product. I am also aware of his smear tactics and his use of internet trolls to spread his name.

People I want to do business with: Jake from Ares.
People I don't want to do business with: convicted felons who continue to steal from customers and rip off designs.

scoutfsu99
10-05-12, 11:44
Adam, I know I should tone it down slightly......I just get irritated when I see the OSOE fan club start popping up. They try and re-write history and think that if they trumpet it loudly enough, people will forget what Willis did/does.

Its a good thing stuff just doesn't disappear. Willis' own actions and words will be available for anyone to find with a quick search.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 11:54
Well if I've been mis informed I'm interested in this now? Hes a convicted felon???? Could you please post a link?? If this be true I will take back my statement and will no longer buy from that company.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 11:56
And just to let everyone know ares gear is a great company.

afff_667
10-05-12, 11:59
I received my first Ares Ranger belt a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be more happy with it. I also ordered the loops to hold the "tail" section when buckled, and those are excellent options. I don't think I'd be as happy having to tuck that extra material behind the belt as I am having the loop. Great idea, and I'd suggest to anyone getting an Ares belt to get the loops.

I swore by leather for years and have a couple of gun belts that are excellent with Milt Sparks holsters. However, I ordered and received a Raven holster, mag carrier, and light carrier to see the kydex side of things, and the leather just didn't cut it with that set up. It was too thick and difficult to deal with. Having remembered consistently seeing RCS and Ares mentioned in the same sentence many, many times by many people I respect and on this forum, I ordered a Ranger belt. It flat ass works...it also looks good. I've had several people ask me about it.

Sorry to be so long winded here, but the Ares belt is top notch, and I plan on getting a couple more very soon. Also, I should add that my questions prior to ordering were handled quickly and in a most satisfactory manner. Customer Service can't be beat.

scoutfsu99
10-05-12, 12:05
Well if I've been mis informed I'm interested in this now? Hes a convicted felon???? Could you please post a link?? If this be true I will take back my statement and will no longer buy from that company.

His own words near the end of the page - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/346480__ARCHIVED_THREAD____FYI___OSOE_is_celebrating_their_4000th_fan_on_facebook_with_sale.html&page=2

Another thread detailing shenanigans - particularly pg2 - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/929579_John_Willis__OSOE.html&page=2

My problem with his isn't that he ****ed up. It's his outright refusal to make it right and then the threats he makes. It is a shame b/c his gear isn't all that bad. But there are too many quality gear owners/makers out there to mess with BS like OSOE.

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-05-12, 13:33
Well I apologize for my previous comment this guy is not a man. He's a coward I will no longer buy from him!

Up1911fan
10-06-12, 11:36
I have a Ranger Belt that I really like. I usually only use it for long range day's/training with a carbine where i've got more weight on the belt. I like the Cobra buckle but it doesn't work the best for me with my normal EDC (AIWB).

Jeffu
10-21-12, 22:50
yup great belt!

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p569/GriffonIndustries/photo.jpg

JBecker 72
10-22-12, 16:09
Got into work this morning and had a package from Larue waiting on my desk, it was my Ranger belt in coyote. This thing is sweet, don't know why I didn't order one sooner.

709bubblehead
10-23-12, 18:24
After reading through the numerous belt threads here, including this one, I decided to bite the bullet and order an Ares Ranger Belt. I ordered mine from LaRue. The wait was shorter than I was expecting (about a week and a half vs. two weeks). Shipped on a Thursday, got to my house on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the buckle; it has a much smaller footprint than I was expecting. And for what it's worth, looping it through the pants (and having to remove the female end of the buckle to do so) isn't really that big of a deal. I wore it Saturday night on a movie date with the wife with a G19 in a RCS Phantom and it felt like I wasn't carrying anything. Definitely the most comfortable & supportive gun belt I've ever worn. Haven't tried it with my MTAC yet, but I expect similar results. Great product and the swag from LaRue was great as well. I can't wait to try out that Dillo Dust on some ribeyes!