PDA

View Full Version : FN's got a new Precision Rifle at SHOT SHOW

C'yotecaller
02-05-08, 19:45
Went to the SHOT SHOW sunday, which yes, was freaking awesome. The FN booth was awesome as can be expected with wonderful customer support. I think they had more employees on hand to answer questions than any other booth. Anyways, Coming in April is is the new PSR I, II, and III. It is their new mid-level bolt action rifle that will be priced between the PBR series and the SPR series. At least the PSR I, and II rifles will be. They all come in McMillian stocks, free-floated and the rep said all would have crome lined barrels. The rifles will be coming out originally in .308 with the .300 WSM to follow. Though I believe the PSR II model with have the .300 WSM version first but the PSR III version will follow closely. The FN rep who spoke with me as I looked over the rifles also told me they are looking into producing different calibers in this line including .30-06 but those are just barely in the development stage. The PSR I and PSR II riflesl looked for the most part to me to be almost identical to the PBR XP model with the execption of a McMillian stock instead of a Hogue stock. The PSR III model however has one HUGE fluted bull barrel on it. To me it looks thicker than the barrel on the SPR's but I am guessing its simply because its McMillian stock is a smaller one. Which makes it feel alot lighter than the FN SPR. FN already has then up on there website at www.fnhusa.com. Go take a look!

scottryan
03-02-08, 11:02
Went to the SHOT SHOW sunday, which yes, was freaking awesome. The FN booth was awesome as can be expected with wonderful customer support. I think they had more employees on hand to answer questions than any other booth. Anyways, Coming in April is is the new PSR I, II, and III. It is their new mid-level bolt action rifle that will be priced between the PBR series and the SPR series. At least the PSR I, and II rifles will be. They all come in McMillian stocks, free-floated and the rep said all would have crome lined barrels. The rifles will be coming out originally in .308 with the .300 WSM to follow. Though I believe the PSR II model with have the .300 WSM version first but the PSR III version will follow closely. The FN rep who spoke with me as I looked over the rifles also told me they are looking into producing different calibers in this line including .30-06 but those are just barely in the development stage. The PSR I and PSR II riflesl looked for the most part to me to be almost identical to the PBR XP model with the execption of a McMillian stock instead of a Hogue stock. The PSR III model however has one HUGE fluted bull barrel on it. To me it looks thicker than the barrel on the SPR's but I am guessing its simply because its McMillian stock is a smaller one. Which makes it feel alot lighter than the FN SPR. FN already has then up on there website at www.fnhusa.com. Go take a look!

I don't suppose they will have a threaded barrel.

C'yotecaller
03-02-08, 18:26
Factory threaded I very highly doubt. As no version of there SPR's or PBR's are currently offered threaded. However it wouldnt take to much for a gun smith who knows what they are doing to thread it for you.

CarlosDJackal
03-17-08, 12:11
This thread is useless without any pictures!!

adh
03-18-08, 20:56
This thread is useless without any pictures!!

+1 to that :p

Army Chief
03-20-08, 01:46
Let's see how far we get pinching one off of the corporate site ...

http://www.fnhusa.com/support/images/dynamic/m/FNM0134mb.png

Chief

AMMOTECH
05-08-08, 19:07
I eye balled one at the factory early last month... Very nice weapon!

KACSR15
05-17-08, 01:36
I am waiting to get my grubby fingers on the PBR USA model. Yeah, having a .308 is nice bit I like having a nice .223 too. Just wish they had made it in a 1/9" ROT and not the advertised 1/12" ROT :( . Other wise it would be a great alt. to the Remington LTR.

Still very interested.