PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this?

pah
09-28-12, 09:38
Hello I'm new to the ar world. I just purchased a complete lower and have a few questions before i decide on how to do the upper. I really like the Daniel defense v2 upper. Is the front sight removable for if down the road I want to add an eotech sight or is there a better way to do that?

skyugo
09-28-12, 09:47
most people leave the front sight as a backup with a red dot sight.

I-M4-REAL
09-28-12, 10:03
I would leave the front iron sight on the DD-V2 if me...or find a differant upper (w/o the standard front iron sight) that has a gas block/rail already installed. That way you can add your own 'flip-up' front sight (buis)of your choice w/o having to remove anything.

bullittmcqueen
09-28-12, 10:40
Hello I'm new to the ar world. I just purchased a complete lower and have a few questions before i decide on how to do the upper. I really like the Daniel defense v2 upper. Is the front sight removable for if down the road I want to add an eotech sight or is there a better way to do that?

Best advice I can give you is if you want a standard A2 FSP then order the upper you listed, if you don't want one, order an upper with a low profile gas block installed and no front sight. Do it right the first time. And for the life of me I still don't understand why people want their A2 FSP gone. It doesn't interfere with optics.

Guns-up.50
09-28-12, 11:02
Best advice I can give you is if you want a standard A2 FSP then order the upper you listed, if you don't want one, order an upper with a low profile gas block installed and no front sight. Do it right the first time.
And for the life of me I still don't understand why people want their A2 FSP gone. It doesn't interfere with optics.[/COLOR]

I agree, the fsp is the best way to go as far a durability and as a gas block. If you want a longer rail look into a v1 upper ,or the middy v5 without the fsp

Because if you want a longer rail thats not an fsp, shaving it down is the best way I think.

pah
09-28-12, 11:17
Best advice I can give you is if you want a standard A2 FSP then order the upper you listed, if you don't want one, order an upper with a low profile gas block installed and no front sight. Do it right the first time. And for the life of me I still don't understand why people want their A2 FSP gone. It doesn't interfere with optics.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was assuming if I added an eotech sight etc the front sight would interfere. Thanks for the help

Seagunner
09-28-12, 12:34
[QUOTE=pah;1405054]Thanks for clarifying that. I was assuming if I added an eotech sight etc the front sight would interfere. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=523&pictureid=2656

DDV3 w/ Eotech