PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid noob question

Bama Tactical
02-06-08, 09:45
I have a set of Colt oval M4 handguards but they will not go in the delta ring that came with my LMT barrel. Is there a special delta ring or is there something that I am missing on getting these to go in there?

AMMOTECH
02-06-08, 12:18
They should fit with no problem. I had the same handguards on a BM and they fit fine.
Do you have them on the right way? They have a front and rear. The rear will have a "notch" if you will to fit around the barrel nut.

The rear is to the left on this pic.
http://www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/m4hndgardinsul.jpg

Edit: THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

Bama Tactical
02-06-08, 13:02
Yep I have them on the correct way. Without the delta ring they fit the front mount and the barrel nut. They will not go in the delta ring. When I take them off and just try to slip them in the delta ring they will noy slip into it either it is as if the handguard piece is just a little more to the oval side.

AMMOTECH
02-06-08, 19:12
Are you getting the ring pulled all the way back?
If you have a way to hold the gun (vise) or a friend you maybe able to pull back more on the ring. Sometimes they can be real tight.

If you use a vise to hold your gun get an old mag to use a block. Then you can use both hands to pull on the delta ring and have someone try to get the guards on for you.

Where did you get the handguards from? Will they exchange them? They could be out of spec or not true Colt. Cheap airsoft copies of stuff tends to show up at a lot of gun shows.

--As a last resort you could file/sand a little of the hand guard to let it slide by--

Bama Tactical
02-07-08, 08:16
Does not have anything to do with pulling the ring back. The handguards will not even go in the delta ring with it off of the rifle.

AMMOTECH
02-07-08, 11:52
Does not have anything to do with pulling the ring back. The handguards will not even go in the delta ring with it off of the rifle.

Ring maybe out of spec if the handguards are not.
Cheap fix would to be just to order a new part and compare them. If the new one does not fit then you may need new handguards.
Can you send just the ring back to where you got the barrel for a replacement? Have you contacted them?

New ring: BM has them for $7.50
http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_parts_barrels_p2.asp#8448712

Bama Tactical
02-07-08, 13:05
Unfortunately I bought the barrel and ring from one individual and the handguards from another.

AMMOTECH
02-10-08, 22:23
Any luck?

Bama Tactical
02-11-08, 10:39
I have not had a chance to work with it any more as I have been out of town. I hope to get to work on it over the next few days.