PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Borderlands 2?

Belmont31R
09-28-12, 20:31
Im on PC but been playing at night when the kids go to sleep. Up to a level 24 Commando, and looking for other PC'ers to play with. Steam handle is same as on here.

Great game....but didn't realize how time consuming it is. Guess I'm used to COD games where its six hours and then multi player. Some of the shit in this game cracks me up.

Only real complaint is after clearing an area you go back through and all the same guys are back. It seems like once you kill all the dudes there it should remain empty. Kinda a "wtf" for me.

ForTehNguyen
09-28-12, 20:32
the game is long, took me 40 hours to beat it with the side quests. The game is just really fun to play with a great story. Huge improvement over BL1. The sense of humor in the game is just great, there are so many lol moments. Level 38 commando here. Did you play the first game? The main chars you meet in the game were the playable characters from Borderlands 1. When you beat the game you get to play the game again in Vault Hunter mode with all your items, levels, and buffed up enemies. It is tough the second time through, the new enemies really put the hurt on you. The new weapons that drop in VH mode though are huge improvements over Normal mode.

best quest in the game, no spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpg0vws10Y

Belmont31R
09-28-12, 21:01
the game is long, took me 40 hours to beat it with the side quests. The game is just really fun to play with a great story. Huge improvement over BL1. The sense of humor in the game is just great, there are so many lol moments. Level 38 commando here. Did you play the first game? The main chars you meet in the game were the playable characters from Borderlands 1. When you beat the game you get to play the game again in Vault Hunter mode with all your items, levels, and buffed up enemies. It is tough the second time through, the new enemies really put the hurt on you. The new weapons that drop in VH mode though are huge improvements over Normal mode.

best quest in the game, no spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpg0vws10Y

I'm about 30hrs but been doing side missions as well.

Some of the enemies are already tough. I can't believe how easy those lab rats knock down my shield and health. They are tougher than some of the big bosses and I get 2-3 of them at a time. The turret is a life saver.

LHS
09-28-12, 21:40
I love lighting the Lab Rats on fire with incendiary weapons. When they die in flames, they scream out "I smell... delicious!"

I was a big fan of BL1, and the new game seems like even more of a good thing. I haven't branched out into the other classes yet, I like to finish the game once and then switch to other play styles. I'm running the Assassin and having a ball.

I got a sniper rifle as a quest reward from Hyperion for killing 100 bandits. It nags me. It'll say things like "You know there are children on Promethea who can't afford ammo?" or "If you were a better shot, you wouldn't need to reload!" when I top off a mag, or "I bet he came from a broken home!" or "I bet he was a nice guy if you bothered to get to know him!" when I headshoot some bandit. I'd sell it, but it's like 900 damage with a 50% chance to slag enemies.

All in all, I'm very happy with the game. I think it's a very worthy successor to the original.

LHS
09-28-12, 21:41
Oh, and Belmont, friend request incoming from LordHeadshot :)

Magic_Salad0892
09-28-12, 22:59
I played this the other day on PS3.

Great improvement over that first piece of shit.

BL2 is something I could conceivably own, and not be ashamed.

However, I'm looking forward to The Last of Us, and have been still playing Battlefield 3 online, and have been replaying all of the Metal Gear, and Metal Gear Solid series. Including the PSP games.

And I gotta go through all of the Silent Hill games, again.

sammage
09-29-12, 16:20
Enjoying it quite a bit on Xbox, even funnier than the original. The over the top guns remind me of some folks' custom builds heh.

Axcelea
09-29-12, 17:11
Only real complaint is after clearing an area you go back through and all the same guys are back. It seems like once you kill all the dudes there it should remain empty. Kinda a "wtf" for me.

They use the New-U, duh!

Belmont31R
09-29-12, 18:33
If you're QUICK these codes should still work for a golden key.

WinPC: 5BWB3-JWZRS-RT3JJ-BTJB3-RRJKH
X360: 53KTT-KSJ5F-36XTF-KXTBB-XTCRC
PS3: 53KTT-KSJ9B-69TWB-STWBB-XTC6B

ForTehNguyen
09-29-12, 20:22
expired

I felt like a complete tool when I used my golden key at lvl 9 at the chest in Sanctuary.

Belmont31R
09-29-12, 22:18
expired

I felt like a complete tool when I used my golden key at lvl 9 at the chest in Sanctuary.

If I don't find a good assault rifle soon Ill use one at about level 30 and then try to hold off on the 2nd one until lvl 40.

I actually got a really good assault rifle (at the time) out of the slot machines at moxxxis which I used for several levels. I'm at the point I won't use a gun that doesn't have secondary damage. Into the corrosive guns right now.

Belmont31R
09-30-12, 15:42
Don't know how long these will be good for bust just released.

PS3: KT5B3-Z93ZB-FH3KB-STCT3-JWKZX
Win PC: KJ5TB-FKZXH-FB3JJ-TBJB3-6H5BH
X360: KT5B3-Z93WF-BF6JF-KXBT3-JWKXS

ForTehNguyen
10-08-12, 18:23
hit lvl 50 on my commando, going to wait for Oct 16th for the Mechromancer class DLC

Mechromancer Skill Tree is out. I made an overpowered 32/6/7 build

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html