PDA

View Full Version : Low Profile Quad Rail Options

saddlerocker
09-29-12, 16:45
I know the Larue rails, DD RIS II, and URX II are considered lower profile quad rails, but are there any others that im not aware of?

I did some searching and those are the 3 that I came up with, so thanks in advance for any help identifying others.

justin_247
09-29-12, 20:16
I know the Larue rails, DD RIS II, and URX II are considered lower profile quad rails, but are there any others that im not aware of?

I did some searching and those are the 3 that I came up with, so thanks in advance for any help identifying others.

The new DDM4 rails that come with their new uppers and complete rifles are about the same profile as the LaRue rails, if not less so.

Noveske's rail systems are also very low profile... again, about the same as LaRue's. Noveske's rails are made by SWR, so I would check them out if interested.

Probably, the most low profile rails you can buy that aren't wide as heck are the LaRue rails... 2.2" tall x 2.0" wide.

The DD RIS II is pretty wide at 2.3", but my understanding is that their height is 2.2", so that makes them lower profile than all of their other rails except for the new DDM4 rails.

The KAC URX II should be the same profile as the old KAC RAS drop-in rails, 2.3" tall x 2.2" wide.

Redbeardsong
09-29-12, 20:21
The new Daniel Defense DDM4 rail is narrow, like their Omega X rail, but the bottom is closer to the barrel, like their Ris II rail. It's very small in the hand. I like it a lot.

saddlerocker
09-29-12, 21:40
The new DDM4 rails that come with their new uppers and complete rifles are about the same profile as the LaRue rails, if not less so.

Noveske's rail systems are also very low profile... again, about the same as LaRue's. Noveske's rails are made by SWR, so I would check them out if interested.

Probably, the most low profile rails you can buy that aren't wide as heck are the LaRue rails... 2.2" tall x 2.0" wide.

The DD RIS II is pretty wide at 2.3", but my understanding is that their height is 2.2", so that makes them lower profile than all of their other rails except for the new DDM4 rails.

The KAC URX II should be the same profile as the old KAC RAS drop-in rails, 2.3" tall x 2.2" wide.

Thanks.
I was leaning toward the Larue, but the removable bottom rail of the RIS II is a nice feature.
I just wanted to make sure I wasnt overlooking anything.

The NSR is interesting, but to me its the same as other tube style handguards. Until they release more direct mount accessories

lethal dose
09-29-12, 21:45
When I run a quad rail, it's LaRue. All day, every day.