PDA

View Full Version : calf found burned alive on lisbon farm

lethal dose
09-30-12, 21:22
Just down the way from my property. I'm certainly no animal rights activist, but this is uncalled for. Looks like a trip up north to check on things is in the very near future.

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/local/story/Calf-Found-Burned-Alive-on-Lisbon-Farm/PBkUQRVDuEeO5jkqd49PlA.cspx

Denali
10-01-12, 00:00
Just down the way from my property. I'm certainly no animal rights activist, but this is uncalled for. Looks like a trip up north to check on things is in the very near future.

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/local/story/Calf-Found-Burned-Alive-on-Lisbon-Farm/PBkUQRVDuEeO5jkqd49PlA.cspx

Animal rights activist? What the hell does that have to do with being outraged by the murderous, depraved act of a psychopath? Seriously, it troubles me that you felt the need to qualify your objection to this outrage, by first distancing yourself from those whom you feel might go to far in their objection to human abuse of animals, as if there was some sort of line you were afraid of crossing by expressing your anger at someone burning an innocent animal alive!

Redmanfms
10-01-12, 00:14
Animal rights activist? What the hell does that have to do with being outraged by the murderous, depraved act of a psychopath? Seriously, it troubles me that you felt the need to qualify your objection to this outrage, by first distancing yourself from those whom you feel might go to far in their objection to human abuse of animals, as if there was some sort of line you were afraid of crossing by expressing your anger at someone burning an innocent animal alive!

You desperately need to turn down your outrage meter dude, because it's been stuck on 11 for damn near every post of yours I've read.

M4Fundi
10-01-12, 01:23
You desperately need to turn down your outrage meter dude, because it's been stuck on 11 for damn near every post of yours I've read.

Thats an understatement.... :blink: Keep Denali away from the Orange Hair Dye:eek:

M4Fundi
10-01-12, 01:37

That sucks Lethal Dose. I think often times its a "land owner" thing . Jealous people of ranchers and farmers. My family and friends have had to deal with dog poisoners, cattle killers, horse killers. It could be stupid kids, but I find these things usually go back to someone jealous or perceived injustice by you as a land owner. My family's best friends were cracking down on a poaching ring on their land and came home to find one of their young colt's had been taken out of the pasture and walked up to their drive way and then shot in the head to lay in the driveway. A message from the poachers:mad: My Grandmother moved off the ranch into town for health reasons and 3 poisoned dogs later she decided it just wasn't fair for her to keep trying to have a dog. Really sad... small people in the world with big hate:(

If was kids then that is even more sad...

Reagans Rascals
10-01-12, 01:49
1st step on the road to sociopathy.... apathy towards the suffering of an animal

reminds of something I read not too long ago from my hometown...

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/18361/FL/US/

Investigators think the animals were attacked between July 2 and 3. Investigators said the boy used a a butcher knife, a piece of lumber, a box cutter, and a golf club to injure the animals.

The incident report states broken golf clubs and pipes were used to beat one pony's legs and the baby goats. The pony's right rear leg was broken and cut open so bad it was only hanging on by some skin. It was in such pain that it had to be euthanized.

One 2-year-old quarter horse was cut on a shoulder with a knife, but survived, as did a 1-year-old billy goat whose leg was injured. A baby chick was found decapitated at the scene as well, according to the police report.

sick **** went back 2 nights in a row and that's when they caught him..... I can say without any compunction that had that been my land, and my animals... the second night it happened, I would have shot him dead and buried him where he fell and never said a thing about it again... 12 yr old or not...

and yes... I am an animal rights supporter... the right to not be abused and tortured just for the musings of a psycopath

....The boy was found delinquent and will be held in a maximum-risk juvenile facility for 18-36 months, then will be placed on probation after his release until his 21st birthday.

He will perform 100 hours of community service, attend school regularly, undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment as recommended, take all medications and have no contact with the owner of the animals or any animals, a judge ordered.

I got $20 on the table says that boy does none of the things the judge says he "will" do...

rojocorsa
10-01-12, 02:25
Wow, that's all ****ed up.

Sick people like that is another reason we own guns for protection.

SteyrAUG
10-01-12, 02:28

But it happens. Sadly radical groups have become the mainstream voice for animal issues. I wish PETA was actually what the letters stood for, it is a group I'd be a member of.

We had a similar problem down here awhile back where shitbags were butchering horses alive for the meat to sell. There are just people I know I could shoot and kill without remorse.

500grains
10-01-12, 10:25
That kid is another Jeff Dahmer in the making.

Doc Safari
10-01-12, 10:25
I didn't open the link because I'm already about half-nauseated/half-insane with rage, but is anybody sure this calf wasn't killed as part of a Satanic ritual or something?

lethal dose
10-01-12, 11:14
The fire didn't kill it. It suffered for a few days. The farmer heard it screaming in the pasture and went to help it. The vet ended up dispatching it.

Denali
10-01-12, 14:15

Thats an understatement.... :blink: Keep Denali away from the Orange Hair Dye:eek:

The lack of maturity reflected by these two knee-jerk comments, is very likely why the OP felt the need to qualify his humanity before registering his outrage.

Appalling to say the least....

Denali
10-01-12, 14:23
But it happens. Sadly radical groups have become the mainstream voice for animal issues. I wish PETA was actually what the letters stood for, it is a group I'd be a member of.

Thats the thing, it has absolutely nothing to do with with "animal rights" activism, and frankly, if anyone here thinks it does, they are overdue for their reservation with the concrete cell....

I don't require the approval of "PETA, or Perterson Hunting Outdoor Life" as an aid in forming a conclusion...

Redmanfms
10-01-12, 14:52
The lack of maturity reflected by these two knee-jerk comments, is very likely why the OP felt the need to qualify his humanity before registering his outrage.

Spending your life in a perpetual state of outrage isn't a sign of maturity. The massive overreaction in your first post in this thread is about as knee-jerk as one can get.

Appalling to say the least....

:rolleyes:

At least you are consistent......

FChen17213
10-01-12, 17:19
That is a heartbreaking story. Prayers should go out to the calf and the mother cow. This brings up a further deeper thing to think about. Should we be eating so much meat?

I'm all for hunting and eating meat. We, as humans, were designed to eat meat and we are predators. In fact, we are the top of the food chain as the toughest, cruelest, and most savage predator of all. We have giant pens and meat factories where the animals are killed in assembly lines. I think our society pulls a veil over most people's eyes, trying to convince them that we as humans are kind, peaceful,and non-violent. I say that that's a huge problem. People need to understand that they as individuals are responsible for the cruel deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of chickens, pigs, and cows. Those cows had a mother and father who cared about them and loved them too. Is it wrong? No. We are predators. Do you blame a lion for eating a zebra? Of course not. However, I wish people were more honest about what kind of being he or she really is.

Do we really need to eat so much meat? How fat is everyone getting from eating so much? Do we really need to have so many children? What would an alien race think of humans if they watched us from outer space?

Doc Safari
10-01-12, 17:23
That is a heartbreaking story. Prayers should go out to the calf and the mother cow. This brings up a further deeper thing to think about. Should we be eating so much meat?

I'm all for hunting and eating meat. We, as humans, were designed to eat meat and we are predators. In fact, we are the top of the food chain as the toughest, cruelest, and most savage predator of all. We have giant pens and meat factories where the animals are killed in assembly lines. I think our society pulls a veil over most people's eyes, trying to convince them that we as humans are kind, peaceful,and non-violent. I say that that's a huge problem. People need to understand that they as individuals are responsible for the cruel deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of chickens, pigs, and cows. Those cows had a mother and father who cared about them and loved them too. Is it wrong? No. We are predators. Do you blame a lion for eating a zebra? Of course not. However, I wish people were more honest about what kind of being he or she really is.

Do we really need to eat so much meat? How fat is everyone getting from eating so much? Do we really need to have so many children? What would an alien race think of humans if they watched us from outer space?

My advice to you is to not try to drive or operate any heavy machinery until the drugs wear off.

FChen17213
10-01-12, 17:29
Actually, I am very much against drugs. Prescription drug and illicit drug abuse are two more things destroying our nation. People are so ingrained within our society today that they do not take a step back and think about things. They fail to see where society is headed. They fail to see how bad humanity has become as a whole. If everyone just spent 30 min alone each day thinking, I think people would get a clearer picture of what people have become. It usually ain't a pretty picture.

Doc Safari
10-01-12, 17:32
I just don't see how eating meat has anything to do at all with an act of cruelty by some depraved individual.

That's like saying we should all do some soul-searching of our ice cream consumption because some idiot shoots up a Dairy Queen.

Failure2Stop
10-01-12, 18:02

Actually, humans greatly benefit from red meat, which contains nutrients not found elsewhere. It could easily be argued that most people don't eat enough red meat. Further, it is not red meat that is the culprit for obesity, but rather a diet that is rich in carbohydrates (especially flour and corn), sugar, processed foods, and lack of physical output. It ain't touchy-feely, but people are made to work best with high protein diets with red meat as a staple with significant levels of physical activity.

Pray for whatever you want, but the fact of life is that everything that is currently alive will eventually wind up being food for something else.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Denali
10-01-12, 18:28
Spending your life in a perpetual state of outrage isn't a sign of maturity. The massive overreaction in your first post in this thread is about as knee-jerk as one can get.

:rolleyes:

At least you are consistent......

Young man, its yourself that has overreacted, and its "you" who has the gear shift stuck in rage mode! You have mistaken the intent of my question posed the OP, and you have conflated it, by inserting your assertion that you can divine an emotion from a question, which was not there...

Thats virtually the defintion of the term, "knee-jerk!" Coincidentally, in your "ahh" response, you and the other young fella, proved things out to my satisfaction, as to why the OP qualified his disgust before feeling safe enough to express it... You could improve yourself enormously by simply reflecting upon that, as opposed to offering up any further meaningless reflex actions....;)

SteyrAUG
10-01-12, 19:23

They'd probably harvest us for food.

Moose-Knuckle
10-02-12, 03:03
There are just people I know I could shoot and kill without remorse.

Spot on.

Though I'm a "eye for an eye" kind of a guy. These f***s need to be dipped in pitch and set ablaze. Only to have the fire put out so they can live with the burns/tissue trauma for a day and half.

The_War_Wagon
10-02-12, 06:38
There was a story about this same thing happening on a local farm around Pittsburgh a couple of nights ago, although - naturally - I can't find a link to it at ANY of the local news stations' websites.

On yesterday morning's WPXI newscast, they interviewed the farmer. Someone sprayed/poured some accelerant on a young cow and torched it overnight. The farmer found it about noon the next day, and had to put it down. Hope this isn't some sick trend in the northeast that's catching on. :mad:

GeorgiaBoy
10-02-12, 11:19
But is this really anything new? To animals or humans?

People have always been sick and barbaric, throughout human history. Some people more than others, naturally. Evil and horrible things have always been around - just look at the torture devices from Hell invented during the "Dark Ages".

I think we perceive something is "wrong" today because we have lived in a sensitized civilization for so long. It raises and interesting question when it comes to human morality.

FChen17213
10-02-12, 12:43
Yes, all animals are eaten by others. Ultimately, this is what happens to all of us. I would go out on a tangent and say that it is a beautiful thing, returning to earth and contributing to the environment and nourishment of other organisms.

http://youtu.be/HWTYpjgmYY4

What should be condemned would be the needless torture of other animals. Yes, if there were aliens harvesting humans at farms and letting the humans grow up only to be slaughtered and used for food, I wonder what people would think about those aliens? If the aliens liked eating young children because their meat was "more tender"? What if the aliens told their offspring that humans were meant to be harvested and killed for them because their God told them so? They put people in these tiny wooden crates where they squat there naked their entire lives and are forcefed until they puke. Then have sores all over their bodies due to lack of movement. Then the aliens inject anti-biotics into the people to keep them alive so that they'll keep growing, only to be killed and used as food. What if aliens had their own "trophy hunters" who ran around our planet shooting people just to bring our skins back to their spaceship? The most hardcore tough aliens would be the guys hunting armed young males who have military experience? The dad alien would take his young son to go hunt some elderly folk or children due to his lack of experience?

Some people would be reviled at the previous paragraph, but what are we really as people? Sometimes, maybe we should try to step out of such a species-centric view and try to look at ourselves. Oftentimes, the picture isn't that pretty.

SteyrAUG
10-02-12, 15:45

People have always been sick and barbaric, throughout human history. Some people more than others, naturally. Evil and horrible things have always been around - just look at the torture devices from Hell invented during the "Dark Ages".

I think we perceive something is "wrong" today because we have lived in a sensitized civilization for so long. It raises and interesting question when it comes to human morality.

Civilization has created a bubble veneer of perceived enlightenment for some folks. You only need to leave your gated community and stroll down to the local trailer park or ghetto to find people who torture and kill animals (and people too) on a regular basis.

Moose-Knuckle
10-02-12, 16:06

Modern day Spain and Mexico still practice corrida de toros (bullfighting) for entertainment, Japan has their annual Taiji “harvest” of bottlenose dolphins and pilot whales where they will torture them once caught as it is believed the more agony the creature is in while they die the better the meat will taste. Eid al-Adha is an Islamic festival where cows get slaughtered by horrific means (eyes gouged out, limbs snapped, etc.). Past cultures were no different, Rome just about made seveal species extent all for games.

I have volumes on period torture methodologies and devices. People who go and torch a harmless animal for no reason other than their own personal enjoyment should be subjected to such terror themselves. That is civil. As a young man John Wayne Gacy Jr. was said to have ejaculated while watching his parents slaughter a hog on the family farm. Some "people" are just bad plain and simple and there should be no limit to the punishment they receive for their atrocities.

Moose-Knuckle
10-02-12, 16:10
Civilization has created a bubble veneer of perceived enlightenment for some folks. You only need to leave your gated community and stroll down to the local trailer park or ghetto to find people who torture and kill animals (and people too) on a regular basis.

There are plenty of trust-fund babies who do this kind of thing in gated communities as well. I recall a wealthy college kid (within the past decade) who tortured and murdered a girl just to watch her die.

SteyrAUG
10-02-12, 16:24
There are plenty of trust-fund babies who do this kind of thing in gated communities as well. I recall a wealthy college kid (within the past decade) who tortured and murdered a girl just to watch her die.

Of course the Leopolds and Loebs will always exist. But within that controlled environment the average dweller can convince himself it is a rare occurrence should they wish to delude themselves.