PDA

View Full Version : School Me on Trigger Groups

Shrike9
02-07-08, 00:09
I've got 2 LMT lowers in need of trigger groups and have no idea what LPK to get and the quality of these kits, let alone no idea on how to install em.

So, what should I be looking for in LPK and who has em at a good price???

Robb Jensen
02-07-08, 04:57
I've got 2 LMT lowers in need of trigger groups and have no idea what LPK to get and the quality of these kits, let alone no idea on how to install em.

So, what should I be looking for in LPK and who has em at a good price???

LPK = lower parts kits, IIRC your LMTs should already have lower parts kits in them. For trigger groups I'd recommend waiting for the Geissele non-adjustable to come out. Just run the stock/OEM stuff until then.

Shrike9
02-07-08, 22:34
LPK = lower parts kits, IIRC your LMTs should already have lower parts kits in them. For trigger groups I'd recommend waiting for the Geissele non-adjustable to come out. Just run the stock/OEM stuff until then.

Nope, they are bare naked lowers, no trigger, springs or anything.

Thus why I was wondering about the different LPK's and what one actually has quality parts and pieces in it.

Buck
02-08-08, 01:23
I know this may be odd, but I really like keeping things "factory"... LMT makes a great LPK, so if I had two LMT lowers, I would use LMT parts to complete them...

Just my .02

Buck

Shihan
02-08-08, 03:02
How long have you had them? LMT isnt currently selling stripped lowers.

varoadking
02-11-08, 19:47

What's the next best thing, Robb?

Robb Jensen
02-11-08, 19:48
What's the next best thing, Robb?

The adjustable Geissele trigger, (tie) KAC trigger or JP trigger, Accuracy Speaks trigger in that order.

varoadking
02-11-08, 20:22
The adjustable Geissele trigger, (tie) KAC trigger or JP trigger, Accuracy Speaks trigger in that order.

Damned thing's aren't cheap, are they?

Robb Jensen
02-11-08, 20:23
Damned thing's aren't cheap, are they?

No not really. The non-adjustable Geissele IIRC will be $150 MSRP.

TBomb
02-12-08, 08:52
No not really. The non-adjustable Geissele IIRC will be $150 MSRP.

Any idea when this trigger is supposed to be available? I have seen it listed on the ADCO page but it is only available as "backordered" at the moment. Thanks!

rob_s
02-12-08, 09:43
If you're going with the Geissele adjustable just make sure you get the right model for you.
(all info below taken from Midway USA (http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?search_keywords=Geissele+&category_selector=all_products&Click+to+Begin+Search.x=0&Click+to+Begin+Search.y=0&Click+to+Begin+Search=Search_Button))

Geissele Match Rifle
1st stage pull weights range from 1.3-2.5 lbs, 2nd stage pull weights range from 4-14 oz.

Geissele Designated Marksman
1st stage pull weights range from 2.5-3.5 lbs, 2nd stage pull weights range from .5-1.5 lbs.

Geissele Service Rifle
1st stage pull weights range from 3.2-5 lbs, 2nd stage pull weights range from .5-1.5 lbs.

Shorthand:
MR/1.3-2.5lbs/4-14oz
DM/2.5-3.5lbs/.5-1.5lbs
SR/3.2-5.0lbs/.5-1.5lbs

On an M4 pattern defensive carbine I believe I'd opt for the Service Rifle.

bspring
02-13-08, 10:35
Every one here has their favorite trigger. You would want to decide what pull weight is desired. If its in the 3 to 4 lbs area, a standard single stage group can be worked at 1/4 to 1/5th the cost of an aftermarket trigger group. I can set you up with something if your interested.

Thanks,
Bill Springfield
wspringfield@comcast

LonghunterCO
02-13-08, 16:59
Bill's trigger work is top shelf.