PDA

View Full Version : 6920 Test Fire

Donka
02-07-08, 04:49
Hi all,

I took my new 6920 out to give it a 200 round test run. I fired "07 PRVI 55 gr. and used 30 round NHMTG magazines.

All 200 rounds functioned perfectly, and overall I am very impressed with the carbine.

Before I took it out, I made sure everything was cleaned and lubed. When I got home to clean it, I noticed that the cam pin has some impact marks on it.
On both sides it has an arch scratch from where it impacts the front and back of the "track" it sits in as it moves back and forth in the carrier.

One of the impact marks is deep enough that my fingernail will grab it as I slide it down to see how deep it is. The other side's impact mark is just a visual wear mark and my fingernail will not catch on it. Is this normal, or did my cam pin get cracked already?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd96/DonkaOG/sc005.jpg

Keep in mind this is my first AR so I don't really know what the normal wear looks like yet.

Thanks for the help guys,
Donka

Robb Jensen
02-07-08, 04:53
It's very normal.

FWIW I replace cam pins every 3K rounds in my ARs.

Donka
02-07-08, 05:02
It's very normal.

FWIW I replace cam pins every 3K rounds in my ARs.

Cool, thats what I had hoped to hear.

Thanks for the info:D

markm
02-07-08, 07:21
In addition to a wet bolt (lubed), I run a little coat of high temp grease on the cam pin. It tends to stay juicy for longer periods of shooting.

Donka
02-07-08, 07:26
I like the grease idea. The lube I used is Slip2000 EWL.

Eric
02-07-08, 18:01
Before I took it out, I made sure everything was cleaned and lubed. Well done. It's amazing how many folks fail to do so, then can't figure out why they experience problems. :rolleyes:

When I got home to clean it, I noticed that the cam pin has some impact marks on it.
On both sides it has an arch scratch from where it impacts the front and back of the "track" it sits in as it moves back and forth in the carrier. Normal. Just make sure it stays lubed.

sff70
02-07-08, 22:23
Very normal.

The lightweight grease idea is a good one.

TW25B works.

Donka
02-08-08, 06:04
Very normal.

The lightweight grease idea is a good one.

TW25B works.

Thanks for the grease recommendation, I was looking to see which brand to get.:cool:

markm
02-08-08, 10:16
Shoot! I just use a coat of high temp automotive grease. Nothing fancy. It's still there when I go to clean it after a shoot. It's worked for me for years.

Donka
02-08-08, 16:08
Shoot! I just use a coat of high temp automotive grease. Nothing fancy. It's still there when I go to clean it after a shoot. It's worked for me for years.

That sounds like a good cheaper alternative. I think I will try both. Thanks demigod.