PDA

View Full Version : site hijack?

evilblackrifle
10-04-12, 04:32
http://creativepromotionalmarketing.com/forum.php loads a copy of the m4carbine forum.

Only reason I bothered to look at the url was I wasn't logged in in this tab, while I knew I was logged into m4c in another tab. Perhaps they are stealing logins?

The_War_Wagon
10-04-12, 06:44
HOLY CRAP!!! :eek: I wouldn't log-in there on a dare! I'm sure my computer would be fried & my bank account drained before the end of the day!!! :fie:

Roecar
10-04-12, 11:01
Yea, it's always a good habit to check the URL before logging into anything online.

Nice catch!

Littlelebowski
10-04-12, 11:10
It's fine. I've posted a technical analysis of this before. I use the alternative forum URL most of the time. It posts to the same DB that M4C uses and is clearly a tactic to keep the site up while m4carbine.net underwent DDOS attacks.

nineteenkilo
10-04-12, 11:49
I'll second LL. The DNS for the alternate points to a server in GB. Appears to be a fully authorized alternate that shares a database.

evilblackrifle
10-04-12, 15:49
It's fine. I've posted a technical analysis of this before. I use the alternative forum URL most of the time. It posts to the same DB that M4C uses and is clearly a tactic to keep the site up while m4carbine.net underwent DDOS attacks.Thanks for explaining that.