PDA

View Full Version : LMT BCGs

ArmySGTPM
10-04-12, 10:54
Are they ever coming back? Does anyone have any lead times on these? I've been seeing "returning soon" for months now with no signs of new stock...has anyone heard where and why the delay?

Split66
10-04-12, 11:14
Any particular reason you need LMT? Colt, BCM and Daniel Defense BCGs are readily available and of the same quality.......

ArmySGTPM
10-04-12, 11:24
I have a 10.5 inch LMT upper that I'd like to pair with a LMT BCG. I have both BCM and Colt rifles and yes i agree their quality is at the level I just prefer to run my LMT SBR with all LMT components.

fallenromeo
10-04-12, 11:27
Also the LMT's tend to go for about 30 bucks cheaper than the others mentioned.

ArmySGTPM
10-04-12, 11:27
Also the LMT's tend to go for about 30 bucks cheaper than the others mentioned.

Can't beat that quality especially at that price

But seriously this wasn't meant to start a comparison battle, I just want to know what people have heard when they are expected back or why the delay...

midSCarolina
10-04-12, 13:08
You can get them on the LMT website (www.LMTstore.com). I just got a barrel and bolt from them. It took them 12 days to ship but I wasn't too concerned about that. They are listed as "in stock".

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/bolts-carriers-and-groups-complete/556-standard-fa-bolt-carrier-group-w-enhanced-bolt-assy.html

SigSlave
10-04-12, 13:16
You can get them on the LMT website (www.LMTstore.com). I just got a barrel and bolt from them. It took them 12 days to ship but I wasn't too concerned about that. They are listed as "in stock".

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/bolts-carriers-and-groups-complete/556-standard-fa-bolt-carrier-group-w-enhanced-bolt-assy.html

I believe you are referring to the enhanced BCG being in stock at 2X the price of the standard. I was holding out for the LMT or CMT because of the cost difference but ended up buying the BCM because I was tired of waiting just to save 30 dollars.

At over 200 bucks, I would not buy LMT's enhanced group.

Dan46n2
10-04-12, 20:36
LMT uses MIM keys if that makes any difference to you. I can't come to make myself buy one after the switch to MIM (even if there have been no issues).

VIP3R 237
10-04-12, 20:58
LMT uses MIM keys if that makes any difference to you. I can't come to make myself buy one after the switch to MIM (even if there have been no issues).

There hasn't and until there has been verified problems it's a non-issue.

ArmySGTPM
10-05-12, 00:15

MIM? Maybe I'm out of the loop....but can you lay out some knowledge

ArmySGTPM
10-05-12, 00:16
At over 200 bucks, I would not buy LMT's enhanced group.

Plus the enhanced group isn't good for all purposes

Joe Mamma
10-05-12, 07:10
Are they ever coming back? Does anyone have any lead times on these? I've been seeing "returning soon" for months now with no signs of new stock...has anyone heard where and why the delay?

I just sent you an email about this.

Joe Mamma

Dan46n2
10-05-12, 08:49
MIM? Maybe I'm out of the loop....but can you lay out some knowledge

It's a cheaper way of making parts, most people think this method creates parts that are not as durable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_injection_molding