PDA

View Full Version : Dayton, OHIO area?

eboggs
10-04-12, 16:52
Anyone in the Dayton OHIO area? Im located in Troy, usually shoot at Miami valley shooting grounds, wondering if theres others, and better places to shoot. ;):D

Ethan

TacticalSledgehammer
10-09-12, 21:16
I'm about 45 minutes from there in West Chester. I'd actually be closer to Cincinnati. I plan on getting my CCW license in Montgomery County though.... It seems the easiest.

cslone
10-10-12, 21:50
I'm in Tipp City. I split between MVSG and Vandalia Range and Armory. Most of the time I'm at MVSG, but VRA is a very clean and friendly range.

FYI, we do a 2 gun shoot on Tuesdays at MVSG at 1730hrs. During the winter it is an indoor shoot(handgun only). $10 and the only place around here where you'll move and shoot without getting yelled at. It's pretty laid back and the only thing that will get you yelled at is repeated safety violations.

Vash1023
10-10-12, 22:47
toledo area

Alpha Sierra
10-14-12, 19:43
I'm in Troy as well. I may have to hook up with you guys.

I normally shoot long range rifle at Miami Rifle & Pistol, and IDPA at Oxford and Wilmington.

supernoma
10-18-12, 09:33
The Spring Valley Wildlife Area has a nice pistol/rifle/shotgun range. Cost is $25 per year or $5 per day.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/17601/Default.aspx

It's on the wrong side of Dayton for someone living in Troy, but it's another option for you.

TacticalSledgehammer
10-19-12, 22:39
The Spring Valley Wildlife Area has a nice pistol/rifle/shotgun range. Cost is $25 per year or $5 per day.

It's on the wrong side of Dayton for someone living in Troy, but it's another option for you.

I keep threatening to go up there. It's only 45 minutes from me.

Alpha Sierra
10-20-12, 19:52
I've sworn off public shooting ranges. I'm a member at Piqua Fish & Game conveniently located on the way home from work.

I was just at Thunder Valley having some long range steel plate fun today.

Eric D.
10-21-12, 16:29
I was there today. Waited an hour to get a lane on the 50 yd to sight in my aimpoint. Lots of fudd-tastic foolery as usual.

supernoma
10-22-12, 13:04
I was there today. Waited an hour to get a lane on the 50 yd to sight in my aimpoint. Lots of fudd-tastic foolery as usual.

I've learned to get there 5-10 minutes before the range opens to get my choice of benches; the early morning crowd tends to be seasoned shooters, too.

sdelam
10-30-12, 05:59
I live in Huber Heights and use MVSG. The crowds seem to be growing though.

koniz
12-11-12, 17:41
spring valley in waynesville
I hear its nice

bambambam
12-22-12, 17:02
I am in Piqua,shoot at Piqua Fish and Game every Sunday morning.

TacticalSledgehammer
12-24-12, 08:13
I think I'm getting a membership at the middletown sportsmen's range. I think its $130 your first year and 100 every year after. 2 engineers I work with shoot there.

Frosty23
02-01-13, 15:39
TacticalSledgehammer, I'm over in Maineville just north of KI. Have you shot down at Point Blank yet?

TacticalSledgehammer
02-04-13, 10:47
TacticalSledgehammer, I'm over in Maineville just north of KI. Have you shot down at Point Blank yet?

I've been there but never shot. That's a rich man's shooting range and I'm not rich lol. I don't like their large caliber rifle days. With my job it doesn't work out. It's a really nice and clean range though.

I ended up getting a membership at middletown. I love it. The rifle range is up to 200 yards and has steel plates and a large gong. I drilled that thing with my mosin.

We've got a cincinnati FB shooting group started BTW if anyone is looking to join. It makes it easier to link up with folks and go.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/421725287903525/

bluejackets92fs
02-06-13, 22:30
Live in Springboro. Usually shoot at either Miami Valley or Spring Valley. Other than those I shoot on friends land or pistol at Target World or Point Blank. Point blank is just too expensive to shoot. I am usually in and out in 15 minutes.