PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Expert in one year!

WillBrink
10-05-12, 11:57
Have you seen these ads on FB and other sites? It says:

"Love shooting ranges? Be a Counterterror Expert in 1YR! Get Homeland Security degree info."

And the picture that accompanies the ad:

Wait for it...

Wait for it... :cool:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/13474840291941519310_10_e00afafa.png

So, one year to get the degree, then get car that's clearly what all the "Counterterror Experts" are driving.

Who would fall for that??! :eek:

crusader377
10-05-12, 12:50
Sadly, These sites probably con some people and I would bet most of the people they con can barely afford any training/instruction that they provide and will see little financial benefits from the programs.

WillBrink
10-05-12, 12:51
Sadly, These sites probably con some people and I would bet most of the people they con can barely afford any training/instruction that they provide and will see little financial benefits from the programs.

The picture alone that accompanies the ad should be a slight tip off. :rolleyes:

Suwannee Tim
10-05-12, 14:06
Give us a link Will. I've got the range time, I can get a letter to that effect. The letter and $99.98 and I got my Homeland Security degree! I can't wait!

WillBrink
10-05-12, 15:35
Give us a link Will. I've got the range time, I can get a letter to that effect. The letter and $99.98 and I got my Homeland Security degree! I can't wait!

http://security.degreelink.org/edu/

When you get your degree, can I come work for you? :jester:

Suwannee Tim
10-05-12, 16:21
http://security.degreelink.org/edu/

When you get your degree, can I come work for you? :jester:

Hell yeah Will! You can be my fitness trainer and I'll be your marksmanship instructor! We'll get some stimulus money! Maybe a National Endowment for the Arts grant!

You would have to move to Florida though. I'm pretty sure they would turn my ass around at the border if I tried to move to Massachussets. Besides, I can't even spell Massachussets.

WillBrink
10-05-12, 16:41
Hell yeah Will! You can be my fitness trainer and I'll be your marksmanship instructor! We'll get some stimulus money! Maybe a National Endowment for the Arts grant!

You would have to move to Florida though. I'm pretty sure they would turn my ass around at the border if I tried to move to Massachussets. Besides, I can't even spell Massachussets.

I have friends and biz in southern FL, so GTG on that. I'm looking for a good excuse to leave People's Republic of MA anyway.

jaxman7
10-05-12, 20:48
Yeh Will but but I want a tactical Lamborghini. So I can tactically ingress/egress from those gull wing doors like an 'operator'. :D

-Jax

ETA: While performing operations on my black smart phone I may have performed an operator's error tactically. The MK1 DevGru CT Lambo has scissor doors that provides better cover while an operator engages threats from his upper 45 degree forward quardrant (that's SEAL, SoF talk for those who don't know). Unlike the mistakenly described gullwing doors.

Carry on.

Magic_Salad0892
10-06-12, 01:31
But can we make it a hybrid so that it doesn't run out of gas when we're chasing terrorists?

Mjolnir
10-06-12, 10:57
That's an old model; a Countach.

I'd have to have a Gallardo. Then I'd be all in. Add some skid plates and some carbon fiber then dip the body panels in Multi-Cam.

I'm surprised no one has done the latter...

M4Fundi
10-07-12, 03:21
The MI6-Tech in Liverpool gives you an Aston Martin:p

Magic_Salad0892
10-07-12, 04:00
The MI6-Tech in Liverpool gives you an Aston Martin:p

Yeah, but they make you wear some really stupid watches.

Honu
10-07-12, 04:19
Maybe Janet N and the rest of the cronies should take the course ! they might learn something ?

although they might have to use words they cant say

ISLAMIC TERRORIST
BORDER SECURITY
ILLEGAL ALIENS

Honu
10-07-12, 04:22
That's an old model; a Countach.

I'd have to have a Gallardo. Then I'd be all in. Add some skid plates and some carbon fiber then dip the body panels in Multi-Cam.

I'm surprised no one has done the latter...

Did a photo job for a guy that did the opposite !

he chromed one :cray:

Suwannee Tim
10-07-12, 05:38
I got the letter of recommendation from the Range Manager yesterday, I'm sending it with the application and my check to Nigeria tomorrow. I'm so excited! Only one problem. I can't figure out how to put roof racks on the Lambroghinee......... Lamoborgheney......... the car. I don't know how you are supposed to carry a canoe. And where do you put the dog box?

Mjolnir
10-07-12, 07:52
LOL!

You guys are silly!

Magic_Salad0892
10-07-12, 09:09
I got the letter of recommendation from the Range Manager yesterday, I'm sending it with the application and my check to Nigeria tomorrow. I'm so excited! Only one problem. I can't figure out how to put roof racks on the Lambroghinee......... Lamoborgheney......... the car. I don't know how you are supposed to carry a canoe. And where do you put the dog box?

I'll send you the glue, and duct tape.

Honu
10-07-12, 12:40
bummer they must have got hacked cause its down ?

well they were not cyber security so my deposit still stands :) hahahahah

Suwannee Tim
10-07-12, 19:01
LOL!

You guys are silly!

Bullshit. We're dead serious. You ought to see us when we get silly.

jaxman7
10-07-12, 20:41
Bullshit. We're dead serious. You ought to see us when we get silly.

Hysterical!

-Jax

Magic_Salad0892
10-08-12, 01:20
Hysterical!

-Jax

Don't **** with us.

We're getting our degrees in Homeland Security. If you make fun of us, we can detain you for assaulting our morale, and therefore our ability to do our job.

Suwannee Tim
10-09-12, 20:03
You ever had a wedgie from a degreed Homeland Security Expert? No? Then you better stand down mister. We'll tell you when it's OK to be silly.

Magic_Salad0892
10-10-12, 02:09
You ever had a wedgie from a degreed Homeland Security Expert? No? Then you better stand down mister. We'll tell you when it's OK to be silly.

Be sure to tell them it's safe. We know first-aid just in case you wedgie them too hard.