PDA

View Full Version : Krinkov 8"

Doc. Holiday
10-05-12, 14:15
So I've been surfing the forums and all the topics I found on this are pretty old ie '08.

I've been planning on buying a Tula Krink kit for awhile now and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on it next month. I have found everything I will need but the barrel. Does anyone know where I could buy a 8"inch barrel for 5.45?

LHS
10-05-12, 14:22
So I've been surfing the forums and all the topics I found on this are pretty old ie '08.

I've been planning on buying a Tula Krink kit for awhile now and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on it next month. I have found everything I will need but the barrel. Does anyone know where I could buy a 8"inch barrel for 5.45?

Look for Bluejack. He's had a few batches of 5.45mm Krink barrels made, with chromed bores, correct rifling twist, etc.

Zhurdan
10-05-12, 14:42
Yup, waiting on BlueJack's next batch myself. Got a Tula kit ready to build to go along with my Bulgarian.

Damn, it's addicting!

LHS
10-05-12, 15:57
Yup, waiting on BlueJack's next batch myself. Got a Tula kit ready to build to go along with my Bulgarian.

Damn, it's addicting!

If I ever get around to building a 5.45mm Krink, I will definitely use one of BlueJack's barrels.

Zhurdan
10-05-12, 16:04
I bought one of the Rguns barrels just in case, but I've got time to wait for one of Bluejacks. From what I've read, they are top notch.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the builder put in my Bulgy, but it shoots straight and true. One of those jump first kind of purchases but fortunately, it works fine.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r127/Zhurdan/photobucket-4363-1332015690657.jpg

Doc. Holiday
10-05-12, 16:07
Yea I've heard of Bluejack. Where and how would I get a hold of them/him?

LHS
10-05-12, 16:11
Yea I've heard of Bluejack. Where and how would I get a hold of them/him?

PM inbound w/ BlueJack's contact info.

LHS
10-05-12, 16:16
Also, for the record, I have no financial connection to BlueJack. I did, however, go to high school with him and consider him a close friend.

Doc. Holiday
10-05-12, 16:26
Nice! Has anyone on here built their own Krink from the Tula parts kit? How hard is it? I'm no gun smith by any means but I do know the basics and take downs of guns.

LHS
10-05-12, 16:28
Nice! Has anyone on here built their own Krink from the Tula parts kit? How hard is it? I'm no gun smith by any means but I do know the basics and take downs of guns.

You'll need a hydraulic press to press the barrel into the trunnion, riveting equipment, and GO/NO-GO headspace gauges. It's not that hard once you've done it a few times, but I wouldn't want to start on an NFA-registered receiver, given the potential for errors.

Doc. Holiday
10-05-12, 17:40
Gotcha. So I plan on getting a Nodak Spud receiver. This will be my first SBR. :D When I get the receiver is that when I start my paperwork for the SBR? I take it you have built a few and know the process. What do I need to do?

LHS
10-05-12, 17:43
Gotcha. So I plan on getting a Nodak Spud receiver. This will be my first SBR. :D When I get the receiver is that when I start my paperwork for the SBR? I take it you have built a few and know the process. What do I need to do?

I've never built an SBR, only watched a few Title 1 AKs being built. It's a fun hobby, but it takes too much time and equipment for my taste :)

You need the serial # from the receiver to do the Form 1 paperwork to make the SBR. But for my money, I'd hand the parts kit, barrel and receiver to a professional builder and have them do it properly.

Zhurdan
10-05-12, 17:47
Most quality builders are running about 8-12 months build time and $700-900 build cost, so factor that in.

74ullc.com sells some nice receivers specifically for the Tula kits and you can order a custom serial number.

Doc. Holiday
10-05-12, 17:59
If I bought a Tula kit, with a U.S made Receiver and a U.S made barrel, will I run into issues with it being 922r compliant? Or does it not matter for kits.?

LHS
10-05-12, 19:05
If I bought a Tula kit, with a U.S made Receiver and a U.S made barrel, will I run into issues with it being 922r compliant? Or does it not matter for kits.?

You must still be compliant. The receiver and barrel are two parts. Get a complete US FCG and that's three more. Then you'll just need one more to stay good.

Ttwwaack
10-06-12, 12:39
LHS, could you hit me w/ Bluejack's contact info.

OP: The last thing I read over on the AK Files was that his next batch would be ready and on sale yesturday. I've been sick and haven't kept up. I'll check and post back if I find anything.

I can't recall if the 86 Tula kits are virgin or demils. Demils are easier are easier to assemble since thet have already been headapaced and the barrel/trunion already drilled and pinned.

Edit to Add: Checked AK Files Marketplace and no listing by Bluejack for Krink barrels. I'll be checking daily. Greg

Zhurdan
10-06-12, 14:52
You must still be compliant. The receiver and barrel are two parts. Get a complete US FCG and that's three more. Then you'll just need one more to stay good.

Six is the magic number for Krinks. Six US made parts. Muzzle devices also count but are a bit spendy to get a US made one.

Pistol grips count too and are far cheaper. Goto 922r.com for a list.

Peshawar
10-06-12, 18:15

The Tula krink kits are not a good beginning AK build project. The gas block is too easy to screw up while pressing off if you haven't had a good amount of practice. Check out

The Dark Knight Builds Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarkKnightBuilds/videos?flow=grid&view=0)

and

Build Your Own AK's Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BuildyourownAK/videos?flow=grid&view=0)

I and some other folks who lurk here have built a bunch of guns over the years. If you have questions, we may be able to help.

LHS
10-06-12, 22:38

OP: The last thing I read over on the AK Files was that his next batch would be ready and on sale yesturday. I've been sick and haven't kept up. I'll check and post back if I find anything.

I can't recall if the 86 Tula kits are virgin or demils. Demils are easier are easier to assemble since thet have already been headapaced and the barrel/trunion already drilled and pinned.

Edit to Add: Checked AK Files Marketplace and no listing by Bluejack for Krink barrels. I'll be checking daily. Greg

PM sent.

Doc. Holiday
10-07-12, 16:20
Thanks for the help guys!

tresmonos
10-07-12, 17:10

The Tula kits are demills. You still have to depopulate the cut up barrel.

MH64
10-08-12, 00:15
Have a very nice krink kit that I've had squirelled away for over 5 years and only have the complete Bulgarian factory barrel that came with it :D

Ttwwaack
11-11-12, 11:12
Just posted on 11/08 over at www.akfiles.com/showthread.php?t=126601.

I just sent a PM, no idea of price or availability.

PM out to OP & others who showed interest.

Doc. Holiday
11-12-12, 08:56
Thanks, I got an email a few weeks back about barrels and pricing. After doing some more homework, I might hold off on the Krink for a few more months. Some unsuspected things have come up.

Zhurdan
11-12-12, 09:06
Linky no worky.

Luckily, I got a hold of one of BlueJacks V5 barrels. Now all I need is some cash!

amd5007
04-13-13, 15:01
Thinking of building a AKS 74U but getting ahold of a barrel is difficult. Does anyone have Bluejack's contact info? Thanks

Zhurdan
04-15-13, 08:43
Thinking of building a AKS 74U but getting ahold of a barrel is difficult. Does anyone have Bluejack's contact info? Thanks

I contacted him thru theakforum.net

I believe he's already selling his last batch. Last as in, for some reason, I don't believe he's doing any more. Why? As they seem so popular? Not really sure. It could simply be a method of ensuring they sell out, but they are a great looking product.

amd5007
04-17-13, 18:41
I contacted him thru theakforum.net

I believe he's already selling his last batch. Last as in, for some reason, I don't believe he's doing any more. Why? As they seem so popular? Not really sure. It could simply be a method of ensuring they sell out, but they are a great looking product.

Thanks I contacted him. He was sold out of the V5 but I got a V3. Thanks for the help!

HCL3
04-18-13, 08:52
If you are looking for a barrel I would also put up WTB ads on Subguns and Sturmgewehr. I found an original barrel on Sturm for $100

Zhurdan
04-18-13, 08:59
Original barrels don't count as a 922 part though and from all I've heard about Bluejacks barrels, they are the tits.

Glad you got one AMD5007.