PDA

View Full Version : noveske chainsaw sure is cool

filthy phil
10-05-12, 20:21
Plan to get a 16" recon midlength polyganol bbl, chainsaw upper.
Anyone got either one for sale lmk. Ill need a bcg also naturally
http://i.imgur.com/RS9p5.jpg
Cant wait to get this finished:D

Merle
10-05-12, 20:25
What's so awesome about it? I think it's awesome-er that I can get a non-blem S&W lower cheaper than a blemished Noveske, but if the Chainsaw blows your skirt up than I'm happy for you :p

filthy phil
10-05-12, 20:29
What's so awesome about it? I think it's awesome-er that I can get a non-blem S&W lower cheaper than a blemished Noveske, but if the Chainsaw blows your skirt up than I'm happy for you :p

They make great barrels and I dont want a mismatched gun

seb5
10-05-12, 21:04
I understand the matching thing. I've got rifles that I built that the barrels, uppers, lowers, and BCG's are from the same manufacturer from BCM, Noveske, and DD, as well as complete mutts using primo parts. FWIW the mutts are still my favorites. I've seen several Noveske chainsaws and have never seen the blemish, same with the BCM blems.

filthy phil
10-05-12, 21:14
I understand the matching thing. I've got rifles that I built that the barrels, uppers, lowers, and BCG's are from the same manufacturer from BCM, Noveske, and DD, as well as complete mutts using primo parts. FWIW the mutts are still my favorites. I've seen several Noveske chainsaws and have never seen the blemish, same with the BCM blems.

Mines got a light scuff above the grip mount and very light dimples that would take a hi res cam to capture

Roadblock
10-06-12, 22:24
I never really understood blemished receivers. Why? I mean by the time Noveske makes a rifle. The rifle gets shipped to the distributor, then to the gun store and is put on the rack and 20 people look at it, it's got scuffs, scratches, dings and dents.

Any manufacture for that matter. That stuff ever bothered me.

ROG Tactical
10-06-12, 22:44
Plan to get a 16" recon midlength polyganol bbl, chainsaw upper.
Anyone got either one for sale lmk. Ill need a bcg also naturally
http://i.imgur.com/RS9p5.jpg
Cant wait to get this finished:D

Chainsaw MUR receivers are available.

MistWolf
10-06-12, 22:58
Chainsaw?

uncle money bags
10-06-12, 22:59
Chainsaw?
Noveske blem

calabama
10-06-12, 22:59
Chainsaw?

http://noveskerifleworks.com/faqs/#q1

I-M4-REAL
10-07-12, 05:26
They should charge more for the blems not less!

Merle
10-07-12, 13:13
I never really understood blemished receivers. Why? I mean by the time Noveske makes a rifle. The rifle gets shipped to the distributor, then to the gun store and is put on the rack and 20 people look at it, it's got scuffs, scratches, dings and dents.

Any manufacture for that matter. That stuff ever bothered me.

What I don't understand is why the price of a Noveske lower is as high as it is, chainsaw or otherwise.

devinsdad
10-07-12, 13:45
Especially when you consider who really forges receivers. Noveske has a higher reject rate as their tolerances are higher. But nowadays, all you gotta do is stamp a picture of some lawn and garden equipment on it and sell your garbage off to the masses. Outstanding buisness model. Next time maybe it'll be the Weed Whacker.

Somewhat current list of foundries and the rollmarks they pump out:
LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W(old), MGI (1st batch), Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
JVP = Double Star, LRB
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Superior = Superior Arms, Lauer (current)
Grenadier Precision
Sabre Defence (?)
JP CTR-02
SOCOM Diamond (out of business?)
Sun Devil
POF - 415/416 Gen 1 (no trigger guard), Gen 2 (integral winter guard), Gen 3(integral guard + ambi bolt release)
Smith & Wesson - M&P-15
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
Aero Precision - Armalite, Spikes and Noveske (not sure what prefix)

filthy phil
10-07-12, 13:57
Chainsaw MUR receivers are available.

I will order one friday if one of our good sponsors is reading this?
that or a noveske bcg
The $450 bbl I want will have to wait a few weeks

jonconsiglio
10-07-12, 14:12
This "same forger" argument does not tell the whole story and is really a misconception. What matters is the spec is was ordered to and who finishes it. Noveske lowers, regardless of who else uses the same forger, are high quality due to strict quality control. They are much more consistent than othe manufacturers that are less strict, which keeps the cost down.

A few companies use FN barrels. Let's say Centurion and PSA both use FN, for example. I should just assume they're equally as good? Centurion barrels are 1 MOA capable with the right ammo while being 100% reliable. Let's say PSA I'd 100% reliable (I have no idea), that doesn't mean PSA barrels are 1 MOA capable.

"A lower is a lower" is no different than saying an "AR is an AR". Lowers from the same forger are not the same. neither are uppers, barrels, bolt carrier groups, lower parts kits or receiver extensions.

AKDoug
10-07-12, 14:23
I'm curious as to where all the other "blem" lowers go?? BCM and Noveske are the only two offering them that I know of. Where do all the blems from Colt, DD, LMT, LaRue, etc.. go?

Stickman
10-07-12, 15:01
I'm curious as to where all the other "blem" lowers go?? BCM and Noveske are the only two offering them that I know of. Where do all the blems from Colt, DD, LMT, LaRue, etc.. go?

What some companies consider a blem, other companies sell as standard.

Split66
10-07-12, 15:36
Especially when you consider who really forges receivers. Noveske has a higher reject rate as their tolerances are higher. But nowadays, all you gotta do is stamp a picture of some lawn and garden equipment on it and sell your garbage off to the masses. Outstanding buisness model. Next time maybe it'll be the Weed Whacker.

LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W(old), MGI (1st batch), Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
JVP = Double Star, LRB
Grenadier Precision
Sabre Defence (?)
JP CTR-02
Sun Devil
POF - 415/416 Gen 1 (no trigger guard), Gen 2 (integral winter guard), Gen 3(integral guard + ambi bolt release)
Smith & Wesson - M&P-15

For informational purposes where did you come up with this list......is this forgings or machining?

My Colt for example has a Cero Forged ( keyhole) upper and lower and machined by Colt to their tolerances with Colt parts.

Stickman
10-07-12, 16:01

JVP = Double Star, LRB
Grenadier Precision
Sabre Defence (?)
JP CTR-02
Sun Devil
Smith & Wesson - M&P-15

The places you list are not "foundries", they aren't even close.

Stickman
10-07-12, 16:01
For informational purposes where did you come up with this list......is this forgings or machining?

My Colt for example has a Cero Forged ( keyhole) upper and lower and machined by Colt to their tolerances with Colt parts.

It is flat out wrong, he has no idea what he is talking about. There is more and more of this going on here, and it needs to stop.

jonconsiglio
10-07-12, 16:05
Misinformation being passed as fact, as usual. This comes up everywhere and I feel like I need to make a word file then just copy and paste it.

Starting a post with "I heard" goes a long way. Too much is posted as fact. That used to not happen all that often here. Now it's daily.

Merle
10-07-12, 16:10
A non-blem mur upper is $189.95 from dsg arms or $164.76 if you are eligible for a mil discount.

ejskle
10-07-12, 16:32
I remember reading from someone at KAC that LMT used to make their lowers when they were at Vero Beach, but that they're not made in-house.

Anyone know who makes the Noveske Flared Forged Lowers?

filthy phil
10-19-12, 19:25
Bad pic, I know:rolleyes:
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg88/uzimon/IMG_20121019_184826.jpg

filthy phil
10-19-12, 19:27
A non-blem mur upper is $189.95 from dsg arms or $164.76 if you are eligible for a mil discount.

I paid $140 tmd

Merle
10-19-12, 19:33
I paid $140 tmd

For a Vltor MUR? That's not what is in your picture. Looks like a regular forged upper. You could get an Aero Precision complete forged upper for about $80.

filthy phil
10-19-12, 19:39
For a Vltor MUR? That's not what is in your picture. Looks like a regular forged upper. You could get an Aero Precision complete forged upper for about $80.

Dont want a frankengun. Maybe on my 2nd build ill go that route

Merle
10-19-12, 20:17
Dont want a frankengun. Maybe on my 2nd build ill go that route

Frankengun? I think some name brand snob made up that term to make himself feel superior for buying an expensive complete rifle or as a put down of some sort. If you think about it, damn near every manufacturer sells "Frankenguns" unless they are building every single part in house, but they don't. They contract other manufacturers to sell parts to them, especially upper and lower receivers and they could come from different manufacturers. I guess ultimately it's your money and if it makes you happy to know that every single part came from Noveske even though those parts were probably sourced from many different places than that's your business. I think in the end you are going to spend the same or more to put together the same rifle you could have just bought from Noveske but the difference will be is that yours won't have a warranty.

chadbag
10-19-12, 20:47
A "Frankengun" is one put together of a mish-mash of parts by someone who has not a clue to what he is doing.

A well put together gun made of the "best" parts from a variety of manufacturers is not a "Frankengun."

Merle
10-19-12, 22:05
A "Frankengun" is one put together of a mish-mash of parts by someone who has not a clue to what he is doing.
Is that the Webster's Dictionary definition or yours?

chadbag
10-19-12, 22:12
Is that the Webster's Dictionary definition or yours?

I didn't make it up (though I my wording is probably not the exact wording I heard others use). It came up a few times in discussions with people when discussing rifles -- people generally thought of as being on top of things. It's been a while.

And it is generally in agreement with your post on the subject.

Someone once said something to me about having a "Frankengun" and he had a factory DD rifle.

So I compared:

He had a DD lower.

I had an AP lower. (AP = Aero Precision -- this was before DD was selling their lowers stripped -- another gun I of mine I would compare against his I used a stripped DD lower on so that would match; but it has a troy forearm)

He had a DD upper.

I had a DD upper.

He had a DD rail/forearm.

I had a DD rail/forearm.

He had a DD BCG

I had a DD BCG

He had DD LPK.

I had a mixed Colt and I forget who LPK. I had a Colt trigger / selector / hammer and the rest were good name but I forget (this was like 3.5 years ago)

He had a Magpul stock

I had a Vltor stock (though my second one I referenced above has a Magpul stock)

He had a Vickers sling

I had a vickers sling.

He had an Aimpoint micro (probably a T1)

I had an Aimpoint micro (T1).

He had a fixed Front and a DD rear fixed.

I had Troy flip ups front and rear.

His was made by a DD employee probably earning $15/hour (just a guess).

Mine was put together very carefully by me.

Which one is more Frankengun?

--

Split66
10-19-12, 22:34
Frankengun is any gun made up of multiple manufacturers' parts. They can be top notch and assembled correctly or total pieces of shit, dont matter.

It has become a derogatory term because of peoples stupidity, or lack of discretion

This vid from HOSS USMC is a perfect example why Frankenguns get a bad name..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP8ikqjkIKY

Rumor has it the guy fixing the carbine keeps tools in his beard for just such an occasion.......

Koshinn
10-19-12, 22:42
It's a nonsense term and don't give it one thought either way. It's about the assembler, not the source of parts.

chadbag
10-19-12, 22:43
Frankengun is any gun made up of multiple manufacturers' parts. They can be top notch and assembled correctly or total pieces of shit, dont matter.

So the LE6920MP-FDE shown here is a Frankengun?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesII.aspx

Or almost any of the DD rifles shown here?

https://danieldefense.com/rifles.html?p=1

Or this BCM (EAG Tactical Carbine)?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-A4-AR15-Bravo-Company-carbine-EAG-Pat-Rogers-s/151.htm

They are made of parts from an assortment of manufacturers.

---

polymorpheous
10-19-12, 22:49
This OP lacks substance.
Why are you posting this?
You got a lower. Big deal.
Read the forum rules.
Build the rifle.
Post why you built it and how you came to the decision to buy the parts you did.
M4carbine is not your Twitter.

Iraqgunz
10-19-12, 22:54
Not sure how this twitter post escaped, but it's closed. For those of you who think parts are parts you need to get more and start looking at the issues. All 3 classes I have conducted so far have shown just how dicked up stuff can be.