PDA

View Full Version : NY is allowing you to put your vets status on your drivers lD card?

ICANHITHIMMAN
10-05-12, 20:28
The thing is I don't see why this is needed at all and I see It going down another road. Do other states do this, any one have any knowledge?

http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/10032012-DMVveteranstatus

sjc3081
10-05-12, 20:45
It is good way for generally conservative Law Enforcement to use more discretion for VTL violations.

sjc3081
10-05-12, 20:48
We I was a Cop I would always give a free pass to veterans. And I mean always.

AKDoug
10-06-12, 00:37
Yeah, well my brother in law thought the same thing. Alaska vet plates have your branch of service on them. The navy vet state trooper had no issue giving my army vet brother a ticket.

SteyrAUG
10-06-12, 00:55
It's a nice idea and I'm positive people will find a way to use it in ways never intended or appreciated.

Magic_Salad0892
10-06-12, 00:59
It's a nice idea and I'm positive people will find a way to use it in ways never intended or appreciated.

Exactly.

Palmguy
10-06-12, 06:54
Florida just started doing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Smash
10-06-12, 07:14
You can have it implemented on your Texas DL as well.

austinN4
10-06-12, 07:59
http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/10032012-DMVveteranstatus

And, according to your link, it is totally voluntary. I would probably worry if it was manditory, but this seems well intended.

ICANHITHIMMAN
10-06-12, 08:12
And, according to your link, it is totally voluntary. I would probably worry if it was manditory, but this seems well intended.

Yes I agree

ICANHITHIMMAN
10-06-12, 08:18

This was my thinking and here is the reason why. When my wife was in the police Academy the cadre told all of them that they had to look out for vets. This was not look out for them in a good way, but look out for them as they are a ****ed up and trained to hurt people.

I see the whole thing as Innocent for the most part, but I see and underlying coal of categorizing people on there ID cards. I know its paranoid but its also NY.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-06-12, 09:48
Yeah, well my brother in law thought the same thing. Alaska vet plates have your branch of service on them. The navy vet state trooper had no issue giving my army vet brother a ticket.

Yup. Got a ticket in 08 in CO while on leave, handed the officer my DL and Mil ID. He handed me the ID back, and a few minutes later gave me a ticket and thanked me for my service lol. Being in public service doesnt give you a license to act like a jackass.

Ak44
10-06-12, 13:39
"That's a hell of a way to treat a Vet man"...."You're an Animal Doctor?"

Palmguy
10-06-12, 14:42
Yup. Got a ticket in 08 in CO while on leave, handed the officer my DL and Mil ID. He handed me the ID back, and a few minutes later gave me a ticket and thanked me for my service lol. Being in public service doesnt give you a license to act like a jackass.

That sucks...I got out of one because of my .mil ID, and I didn't even volunteer it (he saw it when I removed my DL from my wallet, asked if I was in the military, said "yes the Navy", he handed me my DL back and said "drive safe sailor").

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2