PDA

View Full Version : Rob Leatham & Larry Vickers 3-Day Advanced Handgun - April 12-14, 2013 - Phoenix, AZ

VA_Dinger
10-06-12, 21:10
Rob Leatham & Larry Vickers 3-Day Advanced Handgun - April 12-14, 2013 - Phoenix, AZ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/375358_20120207175259.jpg

Rob Leatham
www.robleatham.com

Rob Leatham, also known as "TGO" ("The Great One") needs no introduction. Rob has one of the most impressive and comprehensive sport shooting resumes in the world, in addition to conducting training for select US Army units, the FBI, and practical pistol competition classes for civilian shooters. His world and national title accomplishments include; 6-Time IPSC World Champion, 24-Time USPSA National Champion, 16-Time Single Stack / USPSA Champion. Quite simply he is the greatest competitive shooter the world has ever known.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-1911class.jpg

Vickers Tactical
www.vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers started his T.V. career on the wildy successful Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms shows and now stars on The Sportsman Channel TAC-TV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/AliasBigLogo-2.jpg

Alias Training & Security Services
www.aliastraining.com

Rob Leatham & Larry Vickers 3-Day Advanced Handgun - April 12-14, 2013 - Phoenix, AZ

This class is planned to be one of the most unique handgun shooting class we have ever been involved with. Mr. Leatham and Mr. Vickers have been friends for years but have never taught a class together. Now this event is a reality. Two separate ranges will be utilized for this class so it flows smoothly. Students will spend half of each day with one instructor and then swap to the other instructor for the remainder of the day. The class will come together at various times for lecture portions, safety briefs, etc. Students signing up for this class are expected to show up ready to shoot. This is an advanced level class, all students are expected to have a very firm grasp of the fundamentals and extensive shooting experience.

Instructor(s): Rob Leatham & Larry Vickers

Class date: April 12-14, 2013

Cost: $1000.00

Class Gear Requirements:
- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 1400 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link:
http://aliastraining.com/robleathamandlarryvickers3-dayadvancedhandgun-april12-142013-phoenixaz.aspx

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
Paul@aliastraining.com

RamZar
10-06-12, 22:41
Wow! What a combo! Dream team! Always wanted to take an advanced handgun course with both individually but this is a killer combination! Also, respect the mutual admiration they have for each other's skills.

Overall, very interested. Specifically, need to know more about the syllabus.

Finally, how many shooters/students max for this class?

JW5219
10-07-12, 07:35
What an opportunity!! I'm sure it will be an outstanding class. So far away, too bad. :D

Larry Vickers
10-08-12, 09:43
We are looking at 26 students so when Rob and I bust the class down each of us will have approx 13 guys

We are still working on the topics to be covered but I would expect it to be some classic drills along with some unusual skill drills - I am working on some that I have never done in one of my classes before

I expect my topics to have a tactical emphasis and Rob's will be more technical

Our tentative plan is on day 3 come together and conduct a one day match with Rob and I participating along with the students - we expect to have some good prizes for students who win certain drills, etc.

I'm looking forward to the class - it should be a blast ( literally !!)

LAV

d90king
10-08-12, 12:17
Man O man, this is going to be an awesome training op! You guys in AZ are some lucky bastards. This has once in a lifetime written all over it.

Watrdawg
10-08-12, 14:23
I'm so jealous!! Any chance this class coming to the East Coast?

Amp Mangum
10-08-12, 14:46
Wow, this is going to be a once in a lifetime class.

Littlelebowski
10-08-12, 15:27
Come to the east coast!

Heavy Metal
10-08-12, 15:54

LAV

Looking at some southern thunder for the walkback drills Larry?:D

BTW, God willing, I will be there!

Larry Vickers
10-08-12, 20:22
My guess is this will only ever be held in Pheonix - it was very difficult to coordinate our schedules and since Rob lives there and I love to visit there Phx is a no brainer

I would love to do this again in 2014 but don't assume it will happen - it was tough to put this one together

If you want in it pony up the $$ and travel to sunny AZ

Cheers

LAV

RamZar
10-08-12, 20:54
Signed up just now and really looking forward to some great training in six months with two of the best.

Whereabouts is the range exactly in the Phoenix area?

Larry Vickers
10-09-12, 05:32
Very close to Ben Avery Range in North Phoenix - actually just down the road from it

RamZar
10-09-12, 07:50
Thanks. A bunch of hotels/motels nearby a little south of it around the 17/101 junction:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=hotel&ll=33.743184,-112.100372&spn=0.38255,0.514984&near=Ben+Avery+Shooting+Range,+4044+West+Black+Canyon+Boulevard,+Phoenix,+AZ+85086&geocode=CQCd6E65-mxsFSXPAwIdtslQ-Skx2ywefWErhzH1m-L0MYipKg&dq=hotel&hq=hotel&t=m&z=11

zacii
10-09-12, 19:58
Sounds like a lot of fun.

I am afraid that I would be under-qualified :(

Who should I contact to discuss if my skills would be par for this course?

SpyderMan2k4
10-09-12, 20:19
Im really trying to justify the travel expenses. I have no doubt the class is worth the tuition, but when factoring that in with air travel, hotel, and rental car, i could take at least 3 local classes. Could very well be a once in a lifetime opportunity to train with these two gents who are just about the pinnacle of professionals. Wouldnt be a bad way to spend a tax return (and the timing is right!)

Larry Vickers
10-12-12, 06:03
Contact Paul at Alias for shooting resume review - I definately understand the travel cost factor for sure; I always look at such things as 'would I rather have 3 of this or 1 of that ' - usually I go with the option of '1 of that' because most of the time I won't be satisfied with 3 of something else when I know I could have had what I really wanted - but to be honest the comparison I am using refers to guns not training

Thanx

LAV

Jason Burton
10-14-12, 15:38
Sweeeeeeet.... :D

30 cal slut
10-15-12, 12:05
Anyone willing to volunteer as local POC to receive and hold ammo for those of us traveling a bit?

Larry Vickers
10-15-12, 22:26
Ben

Ping me via email and I can put you in touch with somebody that will most likely receive ammo for you

Thanx

LAV

30 cal slut
10-16-12, 07:36
Larry,

Thank you, will do.

-b

WillBrink
10-16-12, 08:38
Come to the east coast!

THIS! I will get that class filled so fast it aint funny. That's my bucket/dream class right there. :dance3:

ErikL
10-16-12, 10:37
There goes my vacation to Portugal.

tarkeg
10-16-12, 13:19
I'm trying to figure out which internal organ is my least favorite....

I never did like my liver.

Vegasshooter
11-03-12, 07:12
Couldn't pass this one up!! I'm paid up with confirmation number in hand. Looking forward to it.

tarkeg
11-05-12, 22:45
I'm in. This will be a class to remember.

RamZar
02-13-13, 01:47
We are looking at 26 students so when Rob and I bust the class down each of us will have approx 13 guys

We are still working on the topics to be covered but I would expect it to be some classic drills along with some unusual skill drills - I am working on some that I have never done in one of my classes before

I expect my topics to have a tactical emphasis and Rob's will be more technical

Our tentative plan is on day 3 come together and conduct a one day match with Rob and I participating along with the students - we expect to have some good prizes for students who win certain drills, etc.

LAV

We're about two months away from this class.

Any teasers on drills, courses of instruction/fire, etc.?

About 400-500 rounds per day?

tarkeg
02-13-13, 22:40
Any chance of a little low light training?

Larry Vickers
02-16-13, 06:47
No low light is planned at this time - ideal round count is 400-500 a day ; I told Paul at Alias to put out a minimum of 1000 for the 3 days as we know ammo can be tough to get - between me and Rob we can make 333 rds per day work

Students can adjust the rounds fired on each drill to accommodate the amount of ammo they brought

tarkeg
02-16-13, 16:25
Thank you very much for the response. As this craziness got kicked off, I squirreled away 1500 rounds of 9 for this class. I had to make the conscious decision that I wasn't going to skimp on ammo for this kind of training opportunity. Now I just have to have enough to practice a bit before I get there!

CodeRed30
02-17-13, 20:39
Anyone willing to volunteer as local POC to receive and hold ammo for those of us traveling a bit?

If Larry can't, I can throw it in my safe until you arrive. I'm in N. Phoenix...

30 cal slut
02-18-13, 19:19
If Larry can't, I can throw it in my safe until you arrive. I'm in N. Phoenix...

Thank you Sir for the offer.

I believe the host is also amenable to receiving ammo for out of staters.

-slut

Heavy Metal
02-18-13, 19:29
Much to my regret, it looks like I am going to have to pass on this class.

I had a fender-bender last thrusday(my bad) at the local mall. In order to keep this off my insurance, I am going to have to make a cash settlement with the lady. This is going to bust my budget.

I hope this is an annual thing, I pray Rob come east to Larry next year.

CodeRed30
02-18-13, 23:42
Thank you Sir for the offer.

I believe the host is also amenable to receiving ammo for out of staters.

-slut

No worries. If there's anything I can do to help prior to some of you guys getting out here, I'm more than happy to.

Larry Vickers
03-19-13, 14:48
Latest news - Rob just injured his shoulder and will not be able to teach the class ; we are planning on rescheduling our joint class when he is healthy

I know a lot of guys already took vacation, etc. so I am going to do a special 3 day class for the reduced rate of $650 ( which is $100 less than normal 3 day class price ) for those that want to attend

Those that do not will get a refund

If you are signed up for this class and have not been contacted by Paul Hotaling of Alias Training please reach out to him ASAP

Anyone wanting to sign up at this date for the 3 day reduced price pistol class please contact Paul also

Watch for the announcement of the rescheduled Leatham/LAV class

Thanx to all

LAV

tarkeg
03-19-13, 18:33
Mr. Vickers,

Sorry to hear about Robby, I wish him a speedy recovery. Thank you for keeping this training opportunity going.

I'm definitely still in, and look forward to shooting with you.

See you in April.

tarkeg
03-22-13, 12:07
Do any of the folks attending this class have any ideas on lodging? I was trying to split the difference between the $130 a night and the $50 "no tell motel". The info from Paul is good, but I was wondering where other class participants might be staying.

Thanks.

Odglock
03-28-13, 15:33
Do any of the folks attending this class have any ideas on lodging? I was trying to split the difference between the $130 a night and the $50 "no tell motel". The info from Paul is good, but I was wondering where other class participants might be staying.

Thanks.

The class has been canceled since Rob is injured.

red headed stranger
03-28-13, 15:45

Check out LAV's post (#34).

tarkeg
03-28-13, 16:44

Uhh.. No it hasn't.

VA_Dinger
04-01-13, 18:18
Sorry, because of Rob's injury the class has swapped to a Larry Vickers 3-Day Advanced Handgun and the price dropped to $650.