PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mp5 style AR forend

TacticalMinivan
10-07-12, 16:26
Do they exist?

seb5
10-07-12, 16:45
You may need to explain a bit more. Do you mean tapered, the same size, smooth, the "K" grip? If you're asking for a small tapered forend you might look at the original guards.

Casull
10-07-12, 17:39
I've not seen that (G3/MP5 style or whatever). But I have seen G36 handguards put on a PWS AR. I think the guy who did it is a member here under the user name OhThatGuy. I believe I've seen it done otherwise but I do not know where.

http://i52.tinypic.com/1zd7yq9.gif
Source: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=642&page=506

Noodles
10-07-12, 23:56
No. MP5 forearm does not exist for an AR. And it shouldn't. The MP5 style is fit uniquely to the coaxial tubes on the MP5 (barrel and cocking tube).

That G36 handguard looks O.K. actually.

For all the trouble and pointlessness of the OP's request... Just run an MOE and stop trying to be "different" or whatever it is you want an MP5 forearm on an AR for.

TacticalMinivan
10-08-12, 05:53
seb5: I was thinking the "normal" MP5 ala the Navy model, not the K or the SD. It does have a taper to it, but the orig M4 guards don't feel very tapered in my opinion. Imagine an HK53.

Casull: Not exactly what I was looking for but that handguard does look sharp I must say. Reading his post.. he took the side rails off the PWS rail and mounted it to the top, albeit with some modding (stretched it , shave it, rubber mallet it). He took the heatshield out too and it looks awfully close to that barrel, wonder if thats gonna melt someday. Anyway thanks for the idea!

Noodles: I assume the top would have to include an arch, something stronger to protect the gas tube sufficiently. I see no reason one couldn't be manufactured for the AR, maybe even with a heat shield added but they are rather little forends after all and may not fit. I'm aware of the MOE and it has been rejected. Its no trouble, the question posed is anything but pointless. I'm a fan of the MP5 ergos, how is that "trying to be different", I'd say its pretty common.