PDA

View Full Version : ar build or complete gun...need help with options

loki993
02-07-08, 22:04
ok, so im narrowing my options on what I want in an AR, I have them down to 3. I was contemplating the ADS and its seems to be a great value, ive also been reading a lot about the noveskes and their amazing accuracy. I think I may be coming to the conclusion that I should go ahead and get what I want and not settle, to an extent. im not ready to spend 2k+ on a gun, but 1500 is sounding more reasonable than it did a week ago. although thats probably near my upper limit. time is really not that much of an issue, im not in a huge hurry so If I have to save for a bit or wait so be it. im leaning heavily towards noveske. ive spoke to grant and got some basics on what it may take to have a custom gun built the way I want it. definitely good people from the limited correspondence ive had with him so far, hes definitely got my business whatever I decide to do. so here are the options:

1. custom build, with a noveske 16 inch barrel and probably a noveske lower

2. wait for noveske to come out with the N4 in 16 inch

3. forget it all and get an ADS

I have a pretty good idea of what each of these options will cost me, aside from the 16 inch N4, because there isnt one but it should probably be somewhere around the price of the 14in N4 id imagine, maybe a bit more. money aside, what would be the best option??

id imagine a 16 inch n4 would have the standard rifling and chrome barrel like the 14 inch, the 16 inch recon is stainless and polygonal. how much more accurate could or should the ss recon barrel be over the chrome lined cromoly barrel? im sure I have other questions but its kinda late now and I cant think of any more, feel free to post any observations and opinions or questions you think I should be asking, thanks.

Buck
02-07-08, 23:14
In your price range I would seriously look at buying a complete LMT defender lower with the SOPMOD stock and ergo grip, a LMT M-16 complete bolt carrier group with charging handle, a LMT complete 16 inch barreled upper receiver assembly and a LMT fixed rear sight. Then add a Daniel Defense omega rail with the Daniel Defense rail mounted front, and receiver mounted rear sling swivels. An Aimpoint T1 on a Larue mount, A surefire X300 light, some Tangodown grip pannels, a Vickers blue-force sling, and half a dozen PMAGs…

If you order it all at once from a vendor you may get a package deal that is very attractive…

Just my .02

Buck

loki993
02-08-08, 19:30
that all sounds nice, have no use for the light though, but if I wanted that I could just go with the ADS, what makes the LMT better? I know everybody says the LMTs are better, im sure they are, but how much?? the specs between LMT and the ADS are very similar.

Buck
02-08-08, 21:23
LMT is a USGI contractor who has been making and supplying AR parts to the special operations community for quite some time... They have very high quality control and know what they are doing... ADS assembles a good budget carbine, but IMHO they are not in the same league as LMT...

Its your $$$, spend them where you like...

Buck