PDA

View Full Version : Ambi Controls and Battle comp 2?

Djstorm100
10-08-12, 09:06
Since I'm a lefty I've been reading about KAC and Troy's ambi-mag releases. After look at them I couldnt tell if the KAC would be too close to index finger making it "harder" or "awarked" to press. The troy seems to get great reviews, as does the KAC, I just don't like the idea of troy rubbing in to my lower reciever, metal to metal contact/rubbing.

Bolt release wise what do you guys run BAD Lever? Do any of you have ambi mag release AND Bad level? How is it working out, reason I ask is there is alot going on in that small area and seems easy to hit one or the other when you don't meed to.

Comps I've been eyeing Battle Comp 2 but I wasn't able to pull up too much info on it 1.5 I was able to. Seems like alot of guys at the range like these.

denn1911
10-08-12, 09:16
Although I don't have ambi controls on my AR's except for a few ambi selectors, I do have Battle Comps on three of my rifles. These comps are top notch and have exceeded my expectations.

Djstorm100
10-08-12, 09:29
Although I don't have ambi controls on my AR's except for a few ambi selectors, I do have Battle Comps on three of my rifles. These comps are top notch and have exceeded my expectations.

Thank you, I have the battle arm (think that's the name) ambi safety selector now)

Which battle comp do you have? If you have different verison how do each one react/change from one another?

Tango374
10-08-12, 09:40
The only thing I dislike about my Troy mag release is that it sits a little further up. Meaning you have to reach a little more then the standard mag release on the right side.
And I'm not saying that this is anything major. I have kind of small hands so I only find myself making contact with half of the surface area of the mag release button.
That said, its really amazing how little force is needed to engage the button. Great design by Troy.

I had only tried one other and that was a Norgon. Which was a good design as well being located closer to my hand, I just didn't like the even smaller surface area and how close the mag release button was located to the bolt hold open.

bullittmcqueen
10-08-12, 09:49
There is a very long thread here about the battlecomp that you can find easily using the search button. But in short, the battlecomp 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 all function essentially the same as far as flash hiding and compensation characteristics. The 1.0 is the original battlecomp, the 1.5 is longer and is primarily used to extend 14.5" barrels to a legal length when pinning a flash hider. The 2.0 offers the possibility of attaching a suppressor. Suppressors are not compatible with the 1.0.

Hope this helps. Check out that thread.

seb5
10-08-12, 19:01
As a lefty your "bad" lever is your trigger finger. It was designed for right handed people and I can't imagine using it. FWIW I use Troy ambi mag releases and BAD ambi safeties.

Rodman24
10-08-12, 19:52
+1 on the KAC ambi-mag release. +1 on the BAD selectors. +1 on the Rainier Arms/AXTS Raptor charging handle.

Djstorm100
10-08-12, 19:57
As a lefty your "bad" lever is your trigger finger. It was designed for right handed people and I can't imagine using it. FWIW I use Troy ambi mag releases and BAD ambi safeties.

I was thinking you could slam the mag in and use your thumb that held the mag to push on the bad lever to send the bolt forward?

Surf
10-08-12, 23:29
I was thinking you could slam the mag in and use your thumb that held the mag to push on the bad lever to send the bolt forward?There are also threads, some lengthy on the BAD lever. In short, be sure that it works reliably on your weapon as they do not work on all weapons across the board. Understand the correct operation of how it should be used.

For myself it gives a good advantage when I run a weapon as a lefty.
Running the BAD lever as a lefty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG2-iNxFqkU#t=3m32s)

Stickman
10-09-12, 00:28
The troy seems to get great reviews, as does the KAC, I just don't like the idea of troy rubbing in to my lower reciever, metal to metal contact/rubbing.

There are pieces of equipment which gouge into weapons much more than the Troy. If you are looking for the most natural of ambi items, the AXTS lower receiver may be what you are looking for. Just another idea.

Sticks
10-09-12, 04:42
Or just buy a KAC SR15 lower.

wahoo95
10-09-12, 05:40
Use your trigger finger instead of the BAD for bolt release.

Having a bolt release with lower pad on it make it easy

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/2012-10-09_06-55-43_929.jpg