PDA

View Full Version : Who paints optics?

mkmckinley
10-08-12, 18:02
Can anyone recommend an outfit that will Cerakote an Aimpoint? I got a few of the R-1s awhile back for use on various stainless steel revolvers and now I want to put one on an AR. I've tried the rattlecan paint jobs but the paint scratches off the aluminum pretty quickly. I'm prepared to pay for a professional Cerakote application but I want someone who's used to doing optics without melting anything or degrading the seals. Have any of you done something similar and had good results? Who did the work?

Agile53
10-09-12, 20:15
mkmc -

I sent my R1 to Jeff Bivins who is a certified Cerakote applicator. He did a very professional job & the FDE he used matched the MagPul P-Mag I sent w/ it. Bottom line I would use Jeff again, feel free to e-mail me in my M4C profile if I can help further.
Jeff's contact info is below & LMK either way whom you use & how it turns out.

ARMOR-CLAD INDUSTRIES LLC
Services:
Cerakote™ Firearms Coating
Cerakote™ Hight Temp Coating
Prismatic Powders® Coating
1501 CRINE BLVD
CAIRO, GA 39828
Phone: (229) 221-1896
Email: bigpoppadoc@windstream.net

kmrtnsn
10-09-12, 20:58
You should consider the IO Cover as an alternative to painting. I painted my R1 with Duracoat but as soon as my IO Cover Ver. 5 prototype arrives, it'll cover that paint job.

zacbol
10-10-12, 10:31
I had my R1 cerakoted and was pretty happy with the result. That said, I wouldn't really recommend the person/company who did it as it took forever for them to get it back to me.

Here are some pics:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70001&page=17