PDA

View Full Version : First build

Blazer15
10-10-12, 08:33
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I last posted since selling my 6920.

But now I'm ready to jump back into the game, except this time I'm going to build my own rifle.

I'm heavily looking at the LMT Sopmod complete lower. I know LMT is a good company, but is it worth the $444 price tag?

Thanks.

Kissel
10-10-12, 09:29
No issues with LMT. That must be the one with the 2-stage trigger. I think they can be found for less.

Blazer15
10-10-12, 09:49
No issues with LMT. That must be the one with the 2-stage trigger. I think they can be found for less.

That's the 1 stage trigger. That's the cheapest I've found. Where is it cheaper?

wahoo95
10-10-12, 10:19
LMT complete lower is sweet! I have one and love it, however I would be just as happy with a complete lower from BCM or Rainier Arms.

Blazer15
10-10-12, 11:43
LMT complete lower is sweet! I have one and love it, however I would be just as happy with a complete lower from BCM or Rainier Arms.

May I ask where you bought it

wahoo95
10-10-12, 11:55
May I ask where you bought it

I honestly forget the website I purchase it from as its been probably 5yrs ago, however DSArms has complete LMT SOPMOD lowers in stock. I also bought a semi complete LMT lower from G&R a few years back which was a great buy so be sure to check with them as well. Also don't overlook the BCM and Rainier Arms Complete lowers.

Blazer15
10-10-12, 12:07
I honestly forget the website I purchase it from as its been probably 5yrs ago, however DSArms has complete LMT SOPMOD lowers in stock. I also bought a semi complete LMT lower from G&R a few years back which was a great buy so be sure to check with them as well. Also don't overlook the BCM and Rainier Arms Complete lowers.

DSGarms is the first place I looked. But someone said they could be had cheaper, that's why I was asking. I can't find a BCM lower in stock anywhere.

wahoo95
10-10-12, 12:20
Midwest Industries had a few complete BCM lowers in stock last week. Give them a call.

I-M4-REAL
10-10-12, 12:26
Hell yeah, the LMT's are GTG and I have one on my X-mas list as well!Not trying to being 'nosey' buy why'd you dump the 6920 if I may ask?Just wondering that's all.

Blazer15
10-10-12, 12:48
Hell yeah, the LMT's are GTG and I have one on my X-mas list as well!Not trying to being 'nosey' buy why'd you dump the 6920 if I may ask?Just wondering that's all.

It had nothing to do with the gun. The gun was flawless and I loved it.

I just needed the money at that time and that was my only real option. I regret it all the time.

Blazer15
10-14-12, 11:09
I'm going to be buying either the LMT lower or a BCM upper in a week. I'll get the other in a couple months.

Being that they are the same price, which one would you suggest I get now? In other words, which one could possibly be harder to find in December?

Thanks

Blazer15
10-20-12, 12:21
Got a question guys,

I was planning on a BCM upper, but just saw the PSA upper on sale for $270.

Now it seems like it should be a gtg upper, is this the case?

I'm just trying to put together a functional gun before all this election bs gets crazy.

If its a decent upper ill use it and slowly build a better upper over time.

Any suggestions?

Col_Crocs
10-20-12, 19:41
It had nothing to do with the gun. The gun was flawless and I loved it.

I just needed the money at that time and that was my only real option. I regret it all the time.

Have you considered simply getting another 6920?
Between BCM and PSA, i'd go with known quality... BCM.

Blazer15
10-25-12, 08:43
Got my lower in. Looking it over, it is very good quality. The ergo grip is absolutely phenomenal.