PDA

View Full Version : rough spots at end of wasr barrel...

kstr0h
10-10-12, 22:55
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af307/kstr0h/photo14_zps34bdc2cb.jpg

you can see the mark at the very end...any idea if this is something to be worried about? i have took it shooting twice and have had zero problems so far. so im just curious, thanks!

SteyrAUG
10-10-12, 23:29
Is this a trick question?

:sarcastic:

kstr0h
10-10-12, 23:30
Is this a trick question?

:sarcastic:

no...

ClearedHot
10-11-12, 01:13
It's a WASR. Perfectly normal.

halmbarte
10-11-12, 06:19
How does it group?

Just curious, original barrel or replacement?

H

kstr0h
10-11-12, 17:37
How does it group?

Just curious, original barrel or replacement?

H

Iv only taken it and trained with it. As in ran through courses and stuff. I wasn't looking for crazy grouping so I'm not sure. However I bought it from a gun store and I don't think anything has been replaced.

Doc. Holiday
10-12-12, 09:12
Chances are you do not have an original barrel. WASRs are known for not having the best groups due to a list of reasons. My question would be if it's key holing or not.

Texas42
10-12-12, 09:15
If it is shooting ok, why bother?

kstr0h
10-12-12, 10:06
Chances are you do not have an original barrel. WASRs are known for not having the best groups due to a list of reasons. My question would be if it's key holing or not.

What do you mean by that? All I know is I bought it from a local gun store and thats it haha. As you can see its chrome.

Keyholing is somehjng you can't really miss right? As in if you looked at a target you were shooting youl know? Cause i don think it is. Just shooting a bigger hole then my ar15 but that's obvious.

Roecar
10-12-12, 10:18
You're barrel is fine, mine looks much the same way. Even with little marks such as that my WASR is still accurate up to 350 yrds with irons.

If you're really concerned, field strip your rifle and put a light of some kind where the bolt would go and look down the barrel. If you see marks or pitting in there, then there are problems. If the barrel looks clean and smooth your WASR will probably outlast you.

Doc. Holiday
10-12-12, 11:13
Key holing is when your bullet starts to tumble in the air. You can tell by the way the holes are in your target. If they are almost like triangles instead of circles, then you are key holing and you need a new barrel. If it's shooting straight, then I don't think it is.

TMS951
10-12-12, 15:31
When my WASR showed up the stock was a little broken. It was a 250$ (2004) romanian AK, I wasn't really expecting better. It always goes bang, it wouldn't seem reasonable to ask for much more.

They are more now, I wouldn't buy one, for what they go for these days.

bm176
10-12-12, 19:28
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af307/kstr0h/photo14_zps34bdc2cb.jpg

you can see the mark at the very end...any idea if this is something to be worried about? i have took it shooting twice and have had zero problems so far. so im just curious, thanks!

zero problems...then nothing to worry about. i have a wasr 1063m and dont have that on my barrel, but i do have the same thing as yours on my aes10b rpk, countless rounds through it and does not affect accuracy, heres a shot group
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/028-5.jpg

polymorpheous
10-12-12, 19:46
What do you mean by that? All I know is I bought it from a local gun store and thats it haha. As you can see its chrome.

Keyholing is somehjng you can't really miss right? As in if you looked at a target you were shooting youl know? Cause i don think it is. Just shooting a bigger hole then my ar15 but that's obvious.

They are built from part kits, not imported as complete rifles.
Part kits are no longer allowed to be imported with the original barrels.
Hence the mention of not having an original barrel.

Vintovka
10-14-12, 11:29
They are built from part kits, not imported as complete rifles.
Part kits are no longer allowed to be imported with the original barrels.
Hence the mention of not having an original barrel.

Not true.

WASRs come in from Romania as single stack sporting rifles with Romanian cold hammer forged, chrome-lined, mil-spec barrels. Century opens up the magazine well and configures them to look like a proer AKM with the required 922r compliance parts. These rifles are not built from parts kits in the US. They're converted from sporting rifles to standard configuration in the same way that Saigas are converted by Arsenal.

Fried Chicken Blowout
10-14-12, 11:59
Don't worry about it... Just a little tooling marks, rust, malformed parts, corrosion or a drunken machinist mistake. That's what makes the AK so deadly... Makes the bullet spin off center and you can get enough wobble to take out multiple targets with one shot...

Okay just joking... Gotta love AKs!

I-M4-REAL
10-14-12, 12:47
Here's how I would fix & make it 'go away'*....Cut that weld w/a Dremel, then take the muzzle/thread nut off and throw in trash!(not the gun,the nut)File remaining weld down w/o hitting bbl threads ect,then install a 'slant cut' muzzle brake on it.BAM!!! Now you don't have to look at it anymore!
*Unless you live in a 'commie' state.

bm176
10-14-12, 22:27
why fix something when not even broke, for me i just left mine...as a good reminder that nothings perfect in this world...not event the ak47

Peshawar
10-15-12, 02:55
Nothing to worry about I don't think. Keep an eye on it, but it shouldn't be an issue.

TacticalSledgehammer
10-15-12, 13:32
Put a slant cut FH on it and sell your muzzle nut. Just remember they screw off to the right where they're LH thread.