PDA

View Full Version : Trigger, DD stock vs ALG ACT

10-12-12, 08:14
Has anyone used both of these trigger set ups? If so is the ACT that much of an improvement over a DD stock trigger to justify the extra $65.00? The plan is to use the weapon as a short to intermediate range (max. 150-200 meter) SHITF weapon. Thanks gents and ladies.

markm
10-12-12, 08:26
My ACT is crap. It's worse than any of my USGI triggers. It acts like a two stage because it's got so much creep.

The whole thing is jookie with the oversized pins and shit. And then it makes my selector hard to move if the bolt is locked back.

10-12-12, 08:36
My ACT is crap. It's worse than any of my USGI triggers. It acts like a two stage because it's got so much creep.

The whole thing is jookie with the oversized pins and shit. And then it makes my selector hard to move if the bolt is locked back.

Thanks brother any one else had similar experiences? I have a SSA in my BCM and love it but want to avoid spending that kind of money on a short range "fighting weapon".

MistWolf
10-12-12, 08:43
All GI triggers have lots of creep. It's there to prevent, NDs from rough handling and prevent doubling

markm
10-12-12, 08:45
Some people have reported positive results one the ALG triggers. But there were a lot of stories where the selectors were having problems. In some cases putting the old pins back in corrected this. In some they still had issues.

fixit69
10-12-12, 10:29
I have had great experiences with mine. I noticed no difference with selector or anything else.

The DD is a good selection also. The consistency of the ACT is what drew me to it and has delivered as advertised.

Markm, why do you think the problem you have happens? I have heard this from more than one person and wonder what it is. The pins in mine look the same as GI components.

Littlelebowski
10-12-12, 10:33

That's hilarious. I considered those triggers......then I woke up and bought some more ammo.

markm
10-12-12, 10:36
I don't know what the deal was. I read posts where guys said ALG told them to try their old pins. This worked for some guys.

Iraqgunz
10-12-12, 11:36
I have 2 ALG QMS triggers installed in my guns and they are both very good. Most people that have tried my triggers have said they were much better than the standard USGI.

You may want to look at one.

markm
10-12-12, 11:50
I should have gone with the QMS.

jaxman7
10-12-12, 12:14
I don't know what the deal was. I read posts where guys said ALG told them to try their old pins. This worked for some guys.

A quote that explains the problem:

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1353691&postcount=209

sagmill Offline Manufacturer

Fix

There are a couple of things going on.

The ACT is plated and this adds material to the trigger/hammer and pins. This extra material reduces the clearance with the safety with the bolt locked back. With this reduction in clearance there can be a tolerance interference from trigger to weapon. In some guns there is no problem and in others the safety is hard to turn into safe with the bolt locked back.

With the QMS the same thing can happen due to the larger diameter pins. The poster above is the only case I have heard with the QMS.

The fix is to use normal, stock diameter pins. We are making stock sized nickel teflon and oxided pins that we will send out to anyone who has problems. They will be ready in about three weeks or so.

In the meantime try the stock pins in your trigger and this should take care of most issues until the ALG pins are ready.

MrSunday
10-12-12, 14:52
I cant speak for the DD trigger but my ACT is noticably better than my mil-spec triggers.

Larry Vickers
10-12-12, 16:52
The ALG QMS trigger is a more consistant mil spec trigger - it takes the guess work out of the trigger feel; on drop in mil spec triggers it is always a roll of the dice- some good, some gritty, none great

The QMS means you will almost certainly have a good mil spec trigger - everytime

For the $$ spent it is a bargain

10-12-12, 17:08
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm 95% sure I'm going to go ahead and give the QMS a shot.