PDA

View Full Version : One Suppressor to rule them all?

Evil Bert
10-12-12, 11:28
I am looking to get a suppressor. I am really partial to my current muzzle brakes. On my BCM I have a BCE 2.0 and on my SR-15 I have the infamous KAC 3T. Both have the A2 style collars on them and both are of similar dimensions, etc. So I am wondering which A2 bird cage mountable suppressors would fit both muzzle devices if any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASH556
10-12-12, 12:12
In another thread I was just referred to the SWR Renegade. Looks like a winner to me!

Evil Bert
10-12-12, 13:05
In another thread I was just referred to the SWR Renegade. Looks like a winner to me!

I saw that one. Most of the 5.56 SWR suppressors appear to use the same mount. However, I watched a video of the suppressor and how it mounts to the A2. There is a "key" of sorts that is supposed to line up and enter into the opening on the top of the A2. Unless I am mistaken that "key" will not work on a BCE 2.0 or a KAC 3T.

Has anyone mounted the SWR Renegade or any SWR 5.56 suppressor to either of these muzzle devices?

Hydguy
10-16-12, 18:36
Another option might be the Gemtech HALO.
It is designed to work with the standard A2 suppressor..

Doc. Holiday
10-17-12, 09:17
You can check out Silencero. I haven't heard to much about their AR suppressor, but I know their .45 suppressor is one of the best I have seen.

Jmacken37
10-19-12, 15:17
The Renegade requires the internal and external dimensions of an A2 FH. Won't work w/ the BC 2.0/KAC.

Jake