PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor question

Koshinn
10-12-12, 16:23
I have money down on a SDN-6 suppressor (playing the stamp waiting game right now). I already own a 10.5" noveske low-profile upper and I'm running a carbine-length buffer tube with a springco blue spring and H3 buffer.

Should I get rid of my upper and try to find a 10.5" noveske switchblock upper, or is my current buffer/spring setup sufficient to reduce gas blowback?

justlikeanyoneelse
10-12-12, 22:23
Do not worry about it, gas blow back is just something you endure when running suppressed.

Magic_Salad0892
10-12-12, 23:48
If it ever becomes that much an issue, you can always use a SYRAC gas block.

Iraqgunz
10-13-12, 02:25
People worry way too much about the little stuff and a little bit of suppressor blowback is little stuff. The one thing you may want to consider is an LMT enhanced a bolt carrier just the carrier not the entire group.

Magic_Salad0892
10-13-12, 12:09
People worry way too much about the little stuff and a little bit of suppressor blowback is little stuff. The one thing you may want to consider is an LMT enhanced a bolt carrier just the carrier not the entire group.

I was thinking about recommending that, but figured the SYRAC gas block would make a more noticable difference.

Pappabear
10-14-12, 05:42
I think many people that don't like cans run guns that are overgased. I ran a friends 10.5 and needed a gas mask. Chocked me to death. I was waiting on my stamp and thought, oh shit.

All my guns cycle fine and don't choke me. Yes, I smell gas, but not overbearing. I have no gas blocks with switches.