PDA

View Full Version : Woman forced to live with "squatter" in her Detroit home

Moose-Knuckle
10-12-12, 20:30
You just cannot make this shit up . . . http://websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1087.gif

We asked Peterson whether she feels safe.

"I don't know what the capabilities are. We're afraid of her mindset of entitlement."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19779374/forced-to-live-with-squatter-in-my-detroit-house-woman-says

Honu
10-12-12, 21:39
Yes officer she came in with knife in hand said its her house tonight you die !
And I am going to take your kid like I did your house !

I had no choice I feared for my life and my childs !

duece71
10-12-12, 21:58
Detroit is a rapidly sinking ship, don't wait until the rats jump.

rathos
10-13-12, 02:37
Every time I hear a story about Detroit I feel like the writers of Robocop predicted the outcome of that city. I just wonder how long it is until OCP takes over...

Redmanfms
10-13-12, 10:56
Every time I hear a story about Detroit I feel like the writers of Robocop predicted the outcome of that city. I just wonder how long it is until OCP takes over...

The movie was a screed against evil corporations.

I suspect if a corporate entity like OCP took over, the city would improve substantially.

Moose-Knuckle
10-13-12, 16:26
I just wonder how long it is until OCP takes over...

Not soon enough . . .

OmniCorp is creating a better tomorrow (http://www.omnicorp.com/) :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/ed-209.jpg

Safetyhit
10-13-12, 17:17
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/ed-209.jpg

Especially practical because they can be programmed to stay within certain undesirable areas of the city as they disinfect, this while sensibly ignoring the peaceful sections. Even better is that we could simply send them overseas to work when our cities have finally been reclaimed.

xrayoneone
10-13-12, 23:22
Especially practical because they can be programmed to stay within certain undesirable areas of the city as they disinfect, this while sensibly ignoring the peaceful sections. Even better is that we could simply send them overseas to work when our cities have finally been reclaimed.

Really? We all know ED-209 has problems and you only need a set of stairs to defeat it. OCP needs better engineers.

Joeywhat
10-14-12, 00:13
It's Detroit, just get some big ass dudes to throw her ass on the street, immediately change the locks, and repeat as necessary.

Oh you mean to tell me it's illegal to remove a squatter by force? How about you find someone in Detroit that gives a ****, first...you can't even get the cops to come when you just got robbed, some squatter bitching about stupid stuff will NOT be a high priority for DPD.

That is, this would all work before getting on the news about it.

I'm still not sure why people bother with this city. It's a hell hole, and every single level of government is corrupt and unable to perform it's duties. You may think scoring a "historic home" for super cheap is good, but that's only until you get to deal with the corrupt local government possibly extorting you, the locals ****ing up your shit, and/or the complete and utter lack of public works.

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-12, 02:11
I'm still not sure why people bother with this city. It's a hell hole . . .

Yeah this home owner obviously dose not "get it". :rolleyes:

I really don't feel sorry for her, her dumb ass and that crazy bitch deserve each other.

Savior 6
10-14-12, 02:55
Don't remove her by force, just change the locks when she leaves. Then file a construction lien for the costs. ;)

Mjolnir
10-14-12, 08:17
After living in that Metro Area for about 15 years I grew to like it. Even INSIDE of Detroit there are niceties. The Boston-Edison District is hella nice but the surrounding area was DEPRESSED AS HELL, too. I would joke that thugs have bikes and cars meaning that they passed through (or close enough) to your little dream home area which should give you some reason to be concerned. But that is my thinking. Being a Black Southerner I was a "minority" in my thinking as many affluent Blacks would move into Sherwood Forest, Boston-Edison and there is one huge, nice area just inside of Detroit. The homes are truly phenomenal and once inside of one you see what they see and why they did what they did.

I still go into the neighborhood barbershop when I visit. They are like - let me restate: they ARE family and they are all from Florida so it was like being home being inside. Rich, my barber and about my age, looked and behaved exactly like Bernie Mac and the atmosphere was amazing. They could have had an HBO series there.

One of my clownish ex-coworkers also came up with a slap-in-the-face saying: "Crime is Real" for those milk toast, upper middle class (and their aspirants) who feel "I could buy a massive home for nothing in such and such neighborhood in Detroit. What do you think?"

Yes, the crime is sensationalized in the media. Yes the crime is sensational when it occurs on occasion. We (M4C) get it.

Lots of suburban whites would hang out in bars in SEEDY-ASSED places around Wayne State, Old Tiger Stadium and even on the East Side. Yeah, once you were in they were GREAT but the panhandlers and what not was too much for me; they seemed to take it all in stride. After one visit - on my Birthday, no less - I became a hard lined Suburbanite. I only went into the city for:

(1) Electric Music Festival
(2) On my way to Canada
(3) Brown's Barbershop & visit a fellow shooter's mother who lived around the corner from the barbershop
(4)Visit one friend's mother for holidays and occasional get together
(5) As an alternative going to work if I chose to stay off of the freeway (winters mornings).
(6) Visiting an LEO friend who lived there for a bit; he and two of his squares away friends would venture out together to go to a jazz bar named Floods (which is in a nice area).
(7) Detroit Grand Prix
(8) Auto Show

It's NOT all bad but it does not have enough draw for me to live within or along its borders. If u must there are many communities that do not share the crime rate with and along Detroit proper.

Lots of history and wonderful architecture, too.

montanadave
10-14-12, 10:59
Don't remove her by force, just change the locks when she leaves. Then file a construction lien for the costs. ;)

According to the article, that's exactly what the "squatter" did.

The only people makin' good on this cluster**** are the lawyers.

Kfgk14
10-14-12, 21:17
Yes officer she came in with knife in hand said its her house tonight you die !
And I am going to take your kid like I did your house !

I had no choice I feared for my life and my childs !

Yeah, why the hell can't you forcibly remove squatters? Really, which cluster****ing retard thought that one up?

Also, why not cut power and utilities? As the homeowner you can do that to your own home. Three nights in a hotel, problem solved.