PDA

View Full Version : Buried a glock for 2 years...

AO520
10-13-12, 05:02
Was doing some late night YouTube watching and found this video where a guy buried his glock for 2 years and then did a 500 round test fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5Kcs4dzro&sns=em

Once they dig it up and start shooting the video was pretty uneventful. That one guy at 4:01 almost losing his thumb would have changed that quick!

Very impressive torture test if it's true.

gtmtnbiker98
10-13-12, 09:24
Well, at least if it was buried for two years it "shouldn't" bounce brass off the shooter's forehead.

MattHallman
10-13-12, 09:30
Well, at least if it was buried for two years it "shouldn't" bounce brass off the shooter's forehead.

Lmfao!

ralph
10-13-12, 10:25
I guess we'll never know for sure if that Glock was actually buried for 2 yrs..However, when they dug it up, The amount of grass growth, roots does indeed look as if that area where it was buried, hasn't been disturbed in a while..interesting... I wish they would've showed the pistol detail stripped, after rinsing it off, and after the test...

brianc3
10-13-12, 10:31

Ha Ha! Well played

KiloSierra
10-13-12, 12:52
I guess we'll never know for sure if that Glock was actually buried for 2 yrs..However, when they dug it up, The amount of grass growth, roots does indeed look as if that area where it was buried, hasn't been disturbed in a while..interesting... I wish they would've showed the pistol detail stripped, after rinsing it off, and after the test...

Also what were the weather conditions it was buried in. During a search warrant last years, the local drug task force found a M&P40 that had been stolen and was buried in a flower pot outside for ironically two years. Springs and magazine were trashed, but the slide, barrel and internals other then the springs had only surface rust. During that time we had had several periods where it would have been thoroughly soaked for weeks at a time.

ruthless
10-19-12, 01:58
adco is in north Ohio. BRRRR cold winters!

Talon167
10-19-12, 20:47
Yes it's true, yes Steve (at Adco) still shoots it, yes I've shot it. :D

Kind of neat to be able to shoot a gun that's reached a celebrity status.

citizensoldier16
10-20-12, 00:25
Kudos to the lady at 7:23 who does a flawless FTE drill. TAP-RACK-BANG!

Edit: And SHAME on the guy at 8:50 with poor muzzle discipline!

Double feed drill at 9:10....Double feed? Oh no! Rip mag out, rack, reinsert mag, rack, BANG!

packinaglock
10-20-12, 07:37
Kudos to the lady at 7:23 who does a flawless FTE drill. TAP-RACK-BANG!

Edit: And SHAME on the guy at 8:50 with poor muzzle discipline!

Double feed drill at 9:10....Double feed? Oh no! Rip mag out, rack, reinsert mag, rack, BANG!

What about the guy who kept wanting to put his thumb behind the slide? :D