PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 change in barrel length question

DontCome2MyHouse
10-13-12, 08:35
On my original Form 1 I listed my barrel length as 10" because at the time I planned on purchasing a SIG516 10" upper. I ordered my SIG516 10" back in January and I STILL have not received it. SIG customer service has pushed back the date one me five times and I'm VERY pissed right now. I'm thinking about canceling my order.

I've been eying a BCM 11.5" upper and think I may want that instead.

Question:

If I do purchase the 11.5" BCM do I need to call the ATF and let them know that the info regarding "barrel length" and "overall length" on my Form 1 needs to be updated?

So many people are giving me conflicting information I just want the record set straight.

Hmac
10-13-12, 08:57
After Form 1 approval, if you permanently change the rifle so that it varies from the description that you put in section 4 of the Form 1 (such as barrel length or OAL) and don't own the 10 inch barrel you originally described, you need to send a letter to NFA Branch to notify them of the change.

Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearms in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant.