PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Glock INC to get their Head Out Their Brass I mean ASS!

davebee456
10-13-12, 14:44
Petition for Glock INC to get their Heads Out Their Brass I mean ASS!

Lets start a petition for Glock to fix this problem.

I dont like buying used.
I dont like asking "whats the first letter of the serial number?".
I dont like sounding like a total nerd saying"only if the letter is M or below do I feel 100% comfortable buying the used glock".

All my glocks now are bought used, some from 2009 which is the suspect year it all started.

yellow50
10-13-12, 14:49
Glock is well aware there is a problem, and as long as they are still making lots of sales, they probably wont change too much. The best way for them to stand up and notice will be if sales drop.

avengd7x
10-13-12, 15:07
Glock is well aware there is a problem, and as long as they are still making lots of sales, they probably wont change too much. The best way for them to stand up and notice will be if sales drop.

yea I think you're right. Glock is still making money, and casual shooters likely don't shoot enough to notice the issue. I bought a FDE glock new, but it's my last one till they fix the problem

policetested
10-13-12, 15:09
Not to sound slow...but what problem?

davebee456
10-13-12, 15:16
sucks, It has been almost 2 years now so they must have an idea something is very wrong.
At this point it can only be one, two or a combination of three things...
1.Extractor
2.Ejector
3.Extractor Plunger Spring and Rod.

MattHallman
10-13-12, 15:34
I'm down but highly doubt it will help

samuse
10-13-12, 16:12
sucks, It has been almost 2 years now so they must have an idea something is very wrong.
1.Extractor
2.Ejector

I still think it's out of spec slides.

I also still think that Glock hasn't the slightest amount of give a **** and they never will. Time to look for another option.

Magic_Salad0892
10-13-12, 16:50
Why is this even a thread?

USAFCATM
10-13-12, 17:16
I also still think that Glock hasn't the slightest amount of give a **** and they never will.

"Because we're Glock....and we hate you!":jester:

packinaglock
10-13-12, 17:32
1.Extractor
2.Ejector

They have to know the exact specs of their guns, hell they manufacture them any company would. As long as it's been I'm really starting to think they are hiding something knowing it will cost them too much to recall or replace all those guns. The Glock is a pretty simple design (few parts) it's not like it's a space shuttle.

S. Galbraith
10-13-12, 17:36

Epic.

Customer, and even LE agency complaints didn't do a whole lot to change Sig Sauer. Why would it do anything to alter Glock's business plan?

Rattlehead
10-13-12, 18:26
Why is this even a thread?

I'm pretty sure there was another thread similar to this last year as well.

kmrtnsn
10-13-12, 18:46
We're seeing a half a dozen new Glocks every month or so, G17s and G26s, both Gen III and Gen IV as personally owned weapon (POW) replacements for our Agency issued guns. We have been seeing them in increased numbers since we approved the G17 as a POW a year-and-a-half ago, which created a huge rush to buy POWs. In the past year we have authorized almost 100 Glock pistols in our area alone. Since then, I have seen one (1) Glock mechanical failure. That was a failure of the take-down bar and we believe that the owner of that pistol had been fiddling with the gun's internals, outside of policy. I have not seen any erratic ejection, ejection failures, extraction failures, etc. Not anything. There have been a couple of broken magazines where shooters have overloaded extended G26 mags and have broken the cup inside but that is a shooter induced issue. Our Agents are buying their Glocks from their vendor of choice, different LE Dealers, commercial gun shops, and even direct from Glock, so I don't think there is a "better gun" supply stream for our Agents. Our requirement is that it be a "factory" pistol with night sights, no porting or comping, no crazy finishes, no aftermarket enhancements. All POWs receive a limited technical inspection from an armorer.

donlapalma
10-13-12, 18:51
OP, if you really feel this strongly about Glock why don't you stop buying their products? Your freedom to buy / not buy is your power as a consumer. Sounds like you should start exercising that freedom.

avengd7x
10-13-12, 19:57
OP, if you really feel this strongly about Glock why don't you stop buying their products? Your freedom to buy / not buy is your power as a consumer. Sounds like you should start exercising that freedom.

what if you've already bought a few glocks that are having issues even after coming back from being "fixed" in symrna? I won't buy any new Glocks, but I'd like the ones I already own to work correctly

davebee456
10-13-12, 21:05
I still think it's out of spec slides.

I also still think that Glock hasn't the slightest amount of give a **** and they never will. Time to look for another option.

why do you think some Brass To Face issues happen after 1000 rounds
or more and not right away ?

samuse
10-13-12, 23:11
why do you think some Brass To Face issues happen after 1000 rounds
or more and not right away ?

Not sure. Maybe the issue manifests itself into erratic ejection after a little wear of the extractor or when the spring loses a little strength.

Whatever it is, the dip extractor is not the only problem. If it was, it'd be a simple fix.

I've had three new Glocks with the dip extractor, a Gen4 19, RTF2 17 and RTF2 19. The two 19s ejected prefectly through 2000+ rounds, the RTF2 17 started to hit me in the face with increased regularity at around 2000 rounds.

The Gen4 19 was an awesome little pistol, still not sure why I sold it, I still have the RTF2 19 and the RTF2 17 had a horrible trigger that wasn't correctable with factory parts. I think there was some out of spec problem going on with the frame on that one, but that's a whole 'nuther discussion.

CRAMBONE
10-14-12, 00:01
I dont like sounding like a total nerd saying"only if the letter is M or below do I feel 100% comfortable buying the used glock".

Is this the unofficial cut off? Curious because I am considering adding two more.

davebee456
10-14-12, 01:14
the brass thing started around late N's and P for sure, P serial numbers are when the Gen 4's were introduced 2010-2011
and

HaydenB
10-14-12, 01:22

Just like HK... Except HK puts out quality firearms. :(

mayonaise
10-14-12, 04:35
I'll give you $50 for your Glocks..

Hero
10-14-12, 07:07
I had a GXX serial G19 and a GXX serial G17, both of which would send brass to the face about 5 times out of 100 rounds. I feel like I remember reading posts about this years ago, though they were much fewer and farther between than nowadays. They've obviously got a bigger problem now. I'd join the petition, though I don't think anything will happen. :(

Nephrology
10-14-12, 11:08
Not sure. Maybe the issue manifests itself into erratic ejection after a little wear of the extractor or when the spring loses a little strength.

Whatever it is, the dip extractor is not the only problem. If it was, it'd be a simple fix.

I've had three new Glocks with the dip extractor, a Gen4 19, RTF2 17 and RTF2 19. The two 19s ejected prefectly through 2000+ rounds, the RTF2 17 started to hit me in the face with increased regularity at around 2000 rounds.

The Gen4 19 was an awesome little pistol, still not sure why I sold it, I still have the RTF2 19 and the RTF2 17 had a horrible trigger that wasn't correctable with factory parts. I think there was some out of spec problem going on with the frame on that one, but that's a whole 'nuther discussion.

What sort of ammo are you using?

I have a G17RTF2 with a 'dip' extractor that occasionally sends brass in my face when I am shooting Wolf or Brown Bear or the like. Never have any issues with Aguila or any 124gr or quality 115gr fmj. My other glocks (2005, 2006 manf G26 and G19) also send wolf in my face now and then because the stuff is just very inconsistently loaded and hilariously underpowered. The 2 boxes of Speer GD 124gr+P I put through the G17 were all straight to 3-4 o'clock, no troubles.

Now obviously if it's quality ammo, that is another story....

Mjolnir
10-14-12, 14:17
HK doesn't hate you. At least they don't hate me.

GLOCK? I think they've fallen on their sword. Mine have ONE OPPORTUNITY to shoot as well as my P30 or they are gone. Period. End of story.

No finicky behavior from the P30. No "reports of finicky behavior".

GLOCK had a great thing going; all they needed to so was address the ergos of the frame without negatively effecting reliability. I would have paid $100 more for that as it would still be less expensive than the P30 and the parts are pretty much everywhere - not to mention less expensive.

Too bad that they chose to maintain their profit margin with outsourcing and pressuring their suppliers (like what is happening worldwide).

The "king" is dead. Long live the "king".

samuse
10-14-12, 16:10
What sort of ammo are you using?

Now obviously if it's quality ammo, that is another story....

A few cases of S&B 115, a few cases of American Eagle 124, some Winchester NATO, some American Eagle 124.

All ammo that my good Glocks, Berettas and Sig eat with no problems.

jbourneidentity
10-14-12, 22:34
Perhaps I'm just cranky tonight because the Patriots lost again...

I usually keep my mouth shut on this topic, but I've bought two Gen 4 Glocks in the last 2 months, a G19 and G21, and they just run, and run, and run. I'm blessed to have access to ammunition, so I shoot. A lot. My Gen 4 Glocks run fine. This is not exactly a shock to me.

Some here state that Glock doesn't care about their customers. I'm skeptical of this. One person in customer service not doing exactly what a gun owner wants does not empirically prove that Glock doesn't care about their customers. I do think Glock cares about their customers given how hard they had to work in the early 90s to establish market dominance with a very doubting public and law enforcement community. Also, something that goes underreported in the gun press and on internet forums is how much money Glock gives to pro-gun, pro-police, pro-military and pro-sport shooting charities. I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. To me, that is hardly indicative of a company that doesn't care about its customers. If Glock didn't care, the company could just as easily pocket the money. I think it may be time to start a thread on what Glock has done right for shooters.

Has Glock oversold us on the marketing term, "perfection"? Maybe, but so what? If the guns run, I don't worry about the sales pitch. As for Gaston, I don't care which nurse he's sleeping with as long as his pistols work for me.

And that's the strange part...the Gen 4 G21 and Gen 4 G19 are my ninth and tenth Glocks since 1991 and none of the ten have ever failed me mechanically, regardless of generation. Never a broken part. Nothing. I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker and own other guns, but this begs to question...

Am I just this lucky or is all of this seriously overblown?

Bullseye-777
10-15-12, 00:06
Perhaps I'm just cranky tonight because the Patriots lost again...

I usually keep my mouth shut on this topic, but I've bought two Gen 4 Glocks in the last 2 months, a G19 and G21, and they just run, and run, and run. I'm blessed to have access to ammunition, so I shoot. A lot. My Gen 4 Glocks run fine. This is not exactly a shock to me.

Some here state that Glock doesn't care about their customers. I'm skeptical of this. One person in customer service not doing exactly what a gun owner wants does not empirically prove that Glock doesn't care about their customers. I do think Glock cares about their customers given how hard they had to work in the early 90s to establish market dominance with a very doubting public and law enforcement community. Also, something that goes underreported in the gun press and on internet forums is how much money Glock gives to pro-gun, pro-police, pro-military and pro-sport shooting charities. I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. To me, that is hardly indicative of a company that doesn't care about its customers. If Glock didn't care, the company could just as easily pocket the money. I think it may be time to start a thread on what Glock has done right for shooters.

Has Glock oversold us on the marketing term, "perfection"? Maybe, but so what? If the guns run, I don't worry about the sales pitch. As for Gaston, I don't care which nurse he's sleeping with as long as his pistols work for me.

And that's the strange part...the Gen 4 G21 and Gen 4 G19 are my ninth and tenth Glocks since 1991 and none of the ten have ever failed me mechanically, regardless of generation. Never a broken part. Nothing. I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker and own other guns, but this begs to question...

Am I just this lucky or is all of this seriously overblown?

I have literally read 100s of posts about ejection issues in Glocks
and have come to the conclusion there's a lot of mass hysteria.
I don't doubt that some guns have problems as I had one
myself but I fixed it right away and moved on.

However, I have read posts in which owners have literally been whining for years!

When they are advised to just get rid of their guns, many get
very defensive (some get offensive) and here come the
excuses, additional complaints, etc., i.e.:

"I have way too much tied up in this platform!".
"Glock claims perfection, so I demand perfection!".
"I may suffer a cut to my face / head during a gunfight!".

Some act like getting rid of a $500-$550 gun (new) is
going to put them into bankruptcy with claims that the
loss will be too much for them to bear.

I've seen some posts where owners have spent hours and
hours of their time on Forums, complaining over and over
about their BTF guns. It's evident that many owners are
more content stewing over a pistol than solving their
self-defense needs by buying something else, if their
guns are really THAT BAD. I think some owners just
can't find reality and have an axe to grind with Glock.
It's like what's said about small claims Court:

"It's never about the money. It's personal".

This has become a country in which people have gone
overboard with a false sense of entitlement and very
unreasonable demands. It seems there's no end in sight.

SpeedRacer
10-15-12, 00:39
A well-performing Glock is not a news story, so you're not likely to hear about them. The current ejection problems are a very real thing, but I think it's the frequency that's blown out of porportion. If you only knew what you've read on forums, you'd think every single Glock made since 2010 is gonna throw brass at your face, call your mother names and punch babies. Realistically that's not the case.

I have two Gen 4 19s and both run like champs. However, due to the hooplah I will not be replacing my current Gen 3 for every day carry until I put a couple thousand rounds through them and make sure they're G2G. Funny thing is, I just realized the other day my EDC Gen 3 (that I got used a couple years ago and never checked the mfg date on) had the dreaded dip extractor. Even though it has 4K+ trouble free rounds through it my immediate thought was "OMG it's gonna punch babies!" Obviously that's not the case, and after I came back to my senses I realized it's sort of metaphorical for the current drama surrounding Glocks.

Personally I'm sticking with them and wouldn't be surprised to find one of my Gen 4s on my hip sooner than later.

JSantoro
10-15-12, 09:56
We have several "Glock problem" threads...3 of them on the 1st page of this subforum, alone.

ALL of which are recently active.

Unless the below image is your high school yearbook photo, there's no need for YET ANOTHER one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/7008/uniqueandspecialsnowfla.jpg