PDA

View Full Version : Legion Firearms on The Alex Jones Show

TangoSauce
10-13-12, 15:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxdPRnuC2Y&feature=autoplay&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&playnext=2

Interesting place to spot Legion Firearms, but here's a good discussion on their rifle.

Duffy
10-13-12, 22:20
Nice!:D

DeftwillP
10-14-12, 09:53
Alex jones lives in Austin. Legion Firearms in is nearby Temple. Not too far of a stretch.

Robryan
10-14-12, 21:27
When a new company comes along I just worry a little how long they will be in business. Like the MSAR STG-556

Edit: It looks like MSAR is back up but still makes you wonder about parts availablity.

justin_247
10-14-12, 23:13
They must be having a rough time if they're willing to go on a show from Alex Jones...

txf15crewchief
10-15-12, 18:17
Alex jones lives in Austin. Legion Firearms in is nearby Temple. Not too far of a stretch.

I don't know if I'd call Temple close to Austin. But it's not that far down I-35. Legion seems to be doing much better than MSAR; maybe not as well as LaRue but it'll take a while before we know how they hold up.

hardcharger
10-16-12, 13:40
They must be having a rough time if they're willing to go on a show from Alex Jones...

why do you say that? there's going to be a little Propaganda in everything you sell. have to make money to run the show. but the boy does speak the truth for the most part. would you agree?

justin_247
10-16-12, 14:42
why do you say that? there's going to be a little Propaganda in everything you sell. have to make money to run the show. but the boy does speak the truth for the most part. would you agree?

I'm not concerned about the veracity of the Legions Firearms rep... I'm concerned that they decided to go onto a show that peddles in some pretty extreme conspiracy theories.

TangoSauce
10-16-12, 17:47
I'm not that surprised to see Legion on there given that The AJ Show has had a dedicated series to shooting since about this past spring or so. Not sure if Legion picked up on that and made a decision to help get their name out there, or if AJ knows them given proximity. I think Legion was well represented in the piece, and there were no references to the upcoming 'Zombie Apocalypse' which is refreshing.

The only thing that I'm curious about is how can their rifle shoot standard ball ammo sub-MOA?

Casull
10-16-12, 21:27
I'm not paying mind to the conspiracy of Legion being tied to this show's ways blah blah blah.

I am glad I had the opportunity to hear all this stuff from Legion, though. So that's a good factor to them getting on this show to talk.

justin_247
10-17-12, 11:21
but the boy does speak the truth for the most part. would you agree?

Legion seems to be doing much better than MSAR; maybe not as well as LaRue but it'll take a while before we know how they hold up.

The only thing that I'm curious about is how can their rifle shoot standard ball ammo sub-MOA?

Sorry, this is just silly. There is nothing special about Legion... the rifle they discussed on this show is a parts gun - the upper and lower receivers are both made by Mega, for example, and nickel boron coated AR parts have been around for quite awhile. And I have a serious issue with the fact that they are going around saying their rifles and handguns don't need lubrication to operate.

hardcharger
10-17-12, 11:38
Sorry, this is just silly. There is nothing special about Legion... the rifle they discussed on this show is a parts gun - the upper and lower receivers are both made by Mega, for example, and nickel boron coated AR parts have been around for quite awhile. And I have a serious issue with the fact that they are going around saying their rifles and handguns don't need lubrication to operate.

lol sorry my fault was talking about Alex Jones for some the truth hurts and some it does not. now some avoid the fact if you wanna go into secret society and who's the man behind the iron shield every 4 years and big Co's running the world having some buying into the American dream another story Peter Joseph is another one why has a great video . but as far as the rifles I would agree with you as to stay to name brands that have been in the sand box a time or to and has earned there place. I don't know much about there rifles to say.

SMETNA
10-17-12, 23:15
^ learn to use punctuation please.

I watched it. The guy said the barrel uses polygonal rifling, like a lot of pistols use these days (Glock).

Are there any other AR barrel manufacturers that offer a polygonal rifled barrel?

iPhone/Tapatalk

TangoSauce
10-17-12, 23:19
^ learn to use punctuation please.

I watched it. The guy said the barrel uses polygonal rifling, like a lot of pistols use these days (Glock).

Are there any other AR barrel manufacturers that offer a polygonal rifled barrel?

iPhone/Tapatalk

Noveske, LaRue, and I'm sure several others use polygonal. Those are just the ones that come immediately to mind.

justin_247
10-17-12, 23:42

Seriously?

H&K, Pac-Nor (Noveske) and Lothar-Walther (LaRue, Spike's) are the two most common.

I figure Black Hole Weaponry and Rainier Arms source their polygonal barrels from one of the latter two, but I do not know for sure.

SMETNA
10-18-12, 00:01
I had no idea. Thanks gents.

What are the positives vs. negatives compared to a good cold hammer forged chrome-lined milspec barrel?

iPhone/Tapatalk

wahoo95
10-18-12, 06:19

Practically all AR's are Parts guns. The biggest thing is the quality of the parts its built from. High quality parts properly matched up and assembled correctly makes for a nice solid rifle and that doesn't change regardless of manufacturer.

montrala
10-18-12, 07:50
Seriously?

H&K, Pac-Nor (Noveske) and Lothar-Walther (LaRue, Spike's) are the two most common.

I figure Black Hole Weaponry and Rainier Arms source their polygonal barrels from one of the latter two, but I do not know for sure.

HK does not use polygonal rifling on HK416 (AR) barrels. They use polygonal on G36.

BTW "Hammer forget barrels are not accurate" - guys at Sako (TRG) and Steyr (SSG) did not get the memo then ;)

djmorris
10-18-12, 08:02
I'm not concerned about the veracity of the Legions Firearms rep... I'm concerned that they decided to go onto a show that peddles in some pretty extreme conspiracy theories.

Alex Jones may be a bit of a fear monger and profiting on it all (he does have to make a living) but what he preaches is 99% factual information. What is an "extreme conspiracy theory" ? Something that goes against what you have believed your entire life, or your religion?

Alex Jones is a huge supporter of the 2A and he also speaks a lot of truth about things that the mainstream media does not. I think it's good to see an AR15 manufacturer on the show, and I'm sure a Legion is far better than RRA,DPMS, Stag, etc so that's another win! ;)

justin_247
10-18-12, 09:40
Alex Jones may be a bit of a fear monger and profiting on it all (he does have to make a living) but what he preaches is 99% factual information. What is an "extreme conspiracy theory" ? Something that goes against what you have believed your entire life, or your religion?

Again, seriously? Let's see some ideas he peddles:

- that the U.S. government is erecting massive concentration camps to put Americans in

- that the U.S. government was involved in the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11 attacks

- that Bohemian Grove and the Bilderbergs, among other supposedly nefarious groups, secretly manage all world events

- that reptiles, literal reptiles, control the world (he's a follower of David Icke)

- the Rothschilds still are significant players in the world economy

- that Freemasons are leaders in the grand conspiracy

- GM food is a conspiracy to poison the people of the world, among many, many other things

Anybody who follows Alex Jones is a kook.

murphman
10-18-12, 10:20

- that the U.S. government is erecting massive concentration camps to put Americans in

- that the U.S. government was involved in the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11 attacks

- that Bohemian Grove and the Bilderbergs, among other supposedly nefarious groups, secretly manage all world events

- that reptiles, literal reptiles, control the world (he's a follower of David Icke)

- GM food is a conspiracy to poison the people of the world, among many, many other things

From your stance you must believe all whistle blowers are crazies ....

Watch this you might learn someting about 9/11 and our government. This video is full of irrefutable evidence but if you would like to live your life with your eyes closed be my guest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1GavDtiwM

elephantrider
10-18-12, 17:23
From your stance you must believe all whistle blowers are crazies ....

Watch this you might learn someting about 9/11 and our government. This video is full of irrefutable evidence but if you would like to live your life with your eyes closed be my guest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1GavDtiwM

Sorry, I don't have 2.5 hours to spare in order to digest your "irrefutable evidence." Judging by the tags on that video I'm guessing that it is more of the same ridiculous conspiracy crap:

" The New World Order, Federal Reserve, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, North American Union, the Rockefeller/Rothschild families, Freemasonry, Bohemian Grove, the Illuminati, Illuminati symbolism, Problem-Reaction-Solution, 9-11, war profiteering, the phony 'War on Terrorism', the impending 'Big Brother Surveillance Society', the war on civil liberties, microchipping, mind control, media control and 'education system' indoctrination."

I did watch the opening. Sorry to tell you that the Matrix is not real.

murphman
10-18-12, 19:26
Sorry, I don't have 2.5 hours to spare in order to digest your "irrefutable evidence." Judging by the tags on that video I'm guessing that it is more of the same ridiculous conspiracy crap:

" The New World Order, Federal Reserve, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, North American Union, the Rockefeller/Rothschild families, Freemasonry, Bohemian Grove, the Illuminati, Illuminati symbolism, Problem-Reaction-Solution, 9-11, war profiteering, the phony 'War on Terrorism', the impending 'Big Brother Surveillance Society', the war on civil liberties, microchipping, mind control, media control and 'education system' indoctrination."

I did watch the opening. Sorry to tell you that the Matrix is not real.

the snip of the Matrix at the start was symbolism, thanks for showing how ignorant you are. You must be one of those people that thinks the Federal reserve is owned by the Federal government.

elephantrider
10-18-12, 19:49
the snip of the Matrix at the start was symbolism, thanks for showing how ignorant you are. You must be one of those people that thinks the Federal reserve is owned by the Federal government.

You are someone who clearly does not understand sarcasm, thanks for showing how ignorant you are. Feel free to continue foaming at the mouth about the Federal Reserve, Bilderbergers, and whoever else is ruining your day, but please do it in a more appropriate part of the forum.

murphman
10-18-12, 19:51
You are someone who clearly does not understand sarcasm, thanks for showing how ignorant you are. Feel free to continue foaming at the mouth about the Federal Reserve, Bilderbergers, and whoever else is ruining your day, but please do it in a more appropriate part of the forum.

FYI sarcasm doesnt exist in text. good day

justin_247
10-18-12, 19:57
I'm really glad to hear that my grandfather was actually doing something really important during all those nights at the Masonic Lodge... man, who would have known that he was busily running the world instead of just planning community service events over a potluck?

elephantrider
10-18-12, 20:17
I'm really glad to hear that my grandfather was actually doing something really important during all those nights at the Masonic Lodge... man, who would have known that he was busily running the world instead of just planning community service events over a potluck?

Wait is that supposed to be sarcasm? It can't be because it doesn't exist in written format.

TangoSauce
10-18-12, 22:59
Ahem, about Legion Firearms, you were saying?

:meeting:

Hehuhates
10-18-12, 23:59
Black Hole Weaponry make their own barrels. I'm very pleased with mine. I've heard polygonal rifiling gives slight increases in volocity also.

ruthless
10-19-12, 01:19

Don't recall him ever saying that. But what he has pointed out is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/national/04halliburton.html?_r=0

They certainly didn't prevent one that they knew was coming according to Secretary of Transportation Norm Minetta(even though they had fighters up and ready)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDfdOwt2v3Y

See, you combine character attacks with reality. Why is there a media blackout on the Bilderbergs meeting?

That's funny you list that. Turd in the punchbowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAwBRDfHdI

http://www.dowjones.com/collateral/files/rothschild-case-study.pdf

First sentence

"Rothschild is one of the largest privately owned banks in the world today. For more than 200 years, Rothschild
has provided Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Private Banking & Trust services to governments, corporations
and individuals worldwide. Rothschild’s success has been dependent on staying ahead of the curve."

It goes way beyond that though.

I can tell you have never devoted any time to listening and fact checking. He's never said that. He has said the Illuminati has infiltrated the Mason's. There is a difference between your local porch mason and your higher degrees 32 and beyond.

- GM food is a conspiracy to poison the people of the world

Not sure about that, but the corporations have spent over $19 million to make sure you don't know what contains GMO. (in 1 state!)

http://www.naturalnews.com/037273_Proposition_37_Monsanto_corporations.html

I'll just put this here.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=118240

"Stability operations, which are usually military operations in civilian environments, include many missions, among them peace operations, combating terrorism, counter-drug operations, population control and nation assistance."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/population+control?s=t

"World English Dictionary
population control

— n
a policy of attempting to limit the growth in numbers of a population, esp in poor or densely populated parts of the world, by programmes of contraception or sterilization "

State Department uses taxpayer money to push GMOs in other countries

http://www.naturalnews.com/034100_State_Department_GMOs.html

Anybody who follows someone else without fact checking is a kook. Could we agree with that at least? This wasn't an attack, or an attempt to stay off topic, just a fact checking mission.

Iraqgunz
10-19-12, 02:35
This thing has run it's course.