PDA

View Full Version : What to Look for in a New Gen 3 19

hals1
10-14-12, 10:59
I finally dropped the hammer (striker) on a G19 Gen 3. I am kind of an M&P and 19111 fan, but thought I shoud try out a Glock at way under $500. It shoud be here before next weekend.

Anything to look for out of the box?

Thanks,
Hal

P.S. I already dumped my DPMS and went BCM and dumped my Taurus for S&W based on this site. Love you guys.

JBarbaresi
10-14-12, 11:35
Make sure it has a slide, frame, and barrel. Most come with some magazines too. :p

What do you mean what should you look for?

hals1
10-14-12, 12:49
Make sure it has a slide, frame, and barrel. Most come with some magazines too. :p

What do you mean what should you look for?

Anything that might be/lead to a problem. I understand there were (are?) extracter issues with some Glocks. I don't know the build date, but are there any manufacture date related issues? That sort of thing.

Bye the way, are factory mags the best?

Thanks,
Hal

tamabrand
10-14-12, 16:21
Once your weapon arrives just get it to a range asap. I have two gen3s, one needed the HRED from white sound and a new ejector before running good-enough. The other I haven't had any issue with. Stick with factory Glock mags, the Korean stuff is junk.

scoutchris
10-14-12, 19:06
Just shoot the shit out of it. I've had more Glocks than I can remember, and I have had zero problems with any of them. Welcome to the disease. As a matter of fact, I don't know how many I have right now off the top of my head!

brickboy240
10-16-12, 15:33
Brass flying at your forehead.

... that is what you should look for!

LOL

ROUTEMICHIGAN
10-16-12, 18:30
FWIW, I swapped out my 336 ejector that came with the gun for the new 30274 ejector after my Gen 3 G19 would spit 3-5 shell casings into my face (or on top of my head) for every 10 rounds. There is a lot of talk that this is an extractor problem, but my gun now runs 100% through 3,000 + rounds with the new ejector. No malfunctions of any sort since.