PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to diactivate the X200's constant on feature

Adam
02-09-08, 13:55
I made a pin that was .300"(.150" on on either side of the light) longer than the current one and the extra length keeps the switch from clicking into the on position.
http://i29.tinypic.com/dgl3k9.jpg

sorry about the horrible picture.

The pin is still much narrower than than the body of the light and the mod works with both my bladetech and raven concealment holsters.

VA_Dinger
02-13-08, 11:30
Wow, thats very interesting.

I wish you had a better picture.

militarymoron
02-13-08, 14:19
what prompted you to do that?

Stainless
02-13-08, 14:22
Why on earth would you want to do that?

The surefire X series has one of the easiest momentary on switches made; push the switch forward. There is NO way of accidentally switching it to constant on.

I can think of MANY reasons why I might need constant on.

Adam
02-13-08, 14:57
what prompted you to do that?

I don't really use the constant on feature and one day I put the pistol in my bag and the light accidentally got switched on and drain the batteries.

militarymoron
02-13-08, 15:38
understood, thanks. i just could not figure out why.

Jay Cunningham
02-21-08, 15:24
Why on earth would you want to do that?

The surefire X series has one of the easiest momentary on switches made; push the switch forward. There is NO way of accidentally switching it to constant on.

I can think of MANY reasons why I might need constant on.

Absolutely untrue.

Gloves + adrenaline + movement = easy to thumb a switch to constant on. Most of the graduates of the recent Vickers/Hackathorn LL class prefer a momentary only switch on their lights. I think Grant and KevinB even came up with a trick to momentary-only a SF Scout light.

Constant on is not a tactically sound way to do business at night.

MIKE G
02-22-08, 10:04

ArmaGlock
03-07-08, 14:15
Absolutely untrue.

Gloves + adrenaline + movement = easy to thumb a switch to constant on. Most of the graduates of the recent Vickers/Hackathorn LL class prefer a momentary only switch on their lights. I think Grant and KevinB even came up with a trick to momentary-only a SF Scout light.

Constant on is not a tactically sound way to do business at night.

Doesn't that depend on the situation. What if I need to use my left hand (i'm a right handed shooter) for something and need illumination. I wouldn't want to tie up my trigger finger with holding the light on. Constant on is a very important option to have.

MIKE G
03-10-08, 05:31

rob_s
03-10-08, 05:34
So far my only complaint with my X300 is that there doesn't appear to be a lock-out feature. With the "press forward" activation I can almost hear the thing draining out in my bag right now.