PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Gen2 Trigger Bar Question

gin828
10-14-12, 19:15
I purchased a used G17 a few years ago. I have shot about six IDPA matches with it and then the gun sat for a year. Now that I have free time to get the range more and the possibility to take a couple of classes in 2013.

With that being said, I decided to put all new springs, trigger bar, 5lb. connector,and spacer sleeve in the gun. I ordered my OEM parts from LWD. They told me the Gen3 trigger bar will work for a Gen2 gun.

After I recieved the parts and stripped down the gun. I noticed the trigger bars are different. The gen2 bar has a flat crucifix end and the gen3 has the right and left tabs of the crucifix are at an upward angle.

My question, Is the trigger bar from a Gen3 ok to run in a Gen2 gun? I used the magic orange button but no luck in finding anything on a gen2.

Magsz
10-14-12, 20:23
It is fine.

scoutchris
10-14-12, 23:18
This forum seems to produce a little ocd amongst its members - you're good to go, shoot it and enjoy!

gin828
10-16-12, 19:41
Thanks for the replies. I put it in the gun and was able get fifty rounds thru at the range before it closed. The trigger seemed very good but time will tell. (fifty rounds doesnt mean shit)

As far as the OCD, naw...not really:) My old spacer sleeve looked like a beaver was chewing on it and the connector was attack by dremel moths. This was the first used gun i ever bought and the replacement parts where cheap. No telling how much it was shot or how it was treated before I got it.