PDA

View Full Version : Maryland - 4 pro gun bills introduced

scottp999
02-09-08, 17:33
Please email the judiciary committee members and ask them to support these bills:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3476

They will be discussed in early to mid-march.

Email addresses for the committee members are in the article.

Thanks.

DocHolliday01
02-09-08, 19:39
I find it sad in this day and age that I need a Law to protect myself and my family in MY OWN HOME, without fear of going to prison for doing so. What happened to the days when someone breaks into your house with a gun or whatnot, you shoot them, and the state says "well the a-hole shouldnt have broke into your house"?

scottp999
02-09-08, 19:44
You are right. It is sad. I only hope that these bills get passed. The one about refunding the application fee for concealed carry if denied, my get us a foot in the door to permits some day.

ToddG
02-10-08, 00:36
Maryland has a well established self-defense law which, unlike some states, allows a claim of imperfect self-defense if the actor was sincere but unreasonable in his belief that a threat of serious injury existed (a claim of imperfect defense is a defense against murder but not manslaughter).

The bills referenced in the NRA link would provide (a) civil liability protection and (b) expansion of the circumstances under which lethal force is considered justified in Maryland to include protection of property and protection against physical threats which do not rise to the level of serious/permanent injury.